Well, my 1976 Fender Vibro Champ has begun to act strange.

It "farts out" a lot on the bass notes, even at low volumes and with the bass all the way down. It's old and has stock tubes.

Could it be the tubes? The wires to the speakers are held together with electric tape, but they've been that way since I acquired it. Could it be the speaker itself?

Help...?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
do yourself a favor and get new wire to connect the speaker AND new tubes. i dont know which one would be the cause since they're both important factors there. but your amp deserves some high quality tubes ASTAT. lol.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
You never changed the tubes ? On a old amp like that ? Do it, I don't know if it's the cause, but it will improve your tone, and not just a bit. Changing the speaker is also good idea, look into Celestions and Eminence.
^i would think the stock speakers in old Fenders would be rather nice.

TS, what kinda speaker does ur amp have?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by slash_rocks2005
^i would think the stock speakers in old Fenders would be rather nice.

TS, what kinda speaker does ur amp have?

Just looked, all I can make out on it is Fender. It's a 3.2 ohm speaker, so getting a new one would probably be tough.

Just checked the tubes too, they all light up, but one of my preamp tubes is an RCA Radio Tube. 0_o

Yeah, as soon as I get some cash, the tubes and wires are being replaced.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.