Im thinking in getting a LTD bass...
Im not very familiar with this ones...

I dunno about differents about LTD and ESP..
They are like... Squier and Fender?
I dont get it...

Also..Whats ur oppinions? Any suggestion about LTD basses? or it would be a bad inversion?

Thnx..

Also.. i <3 This Girl <3333
Attachments:
1195650557_f.jpg
Last edited by GM- at Jul 14, 2008,
i think the difference between ESP and ESP LTD
is that

ESP LTD are cheaper and made with ESP parts but are made in indonesia or something

and

yeah that bass that she has above is ESP LTD F-series
on account of your immaturity, I offer this advice: get a girlfriend.
on account of your bass choice: they are like Squier for ESP, but I would suggest a Squier VM J-bass or a Ibanez GSR200 over without thinking too hard. but, if you are set, they are relatively reliable, just lack the versatility of the above choices.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Thnx Both...
xD
I have a girlfriend... and a Fender P. bass

But .. i was thinking about getting a LTD..
My locals music store just have randoms yamahas, some good ibanez.. but never played an LTD... or ESP.

would .. be a good choice to get one LTD?
is a good sound.. or it would be a bad inversion. :$?
ESP and ESP LTD is not like Fender and Squier. ESP and ESP LTD is like MIA and Made in indonesia and/or mexico and assembled in america.
Last edited by Pyrofretnic at Jul 14, 2008,
.wow you think my LTD B405 with neck thru body(one piece bass), string thru body, EMG active pickups EMG active EQ, maple body and quilted maple top is like a squier. WOW

LTD makes great basses i would seriously get them they feel great and use quality parts.

you seriously wont regret them. i have one of thier most expensive basses (LTD B405) and one of thier most cheapest (F50 electric guitar) and i have been more than impressed on both instruments.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by Pyrofretnic
ESP and ESP LTD is not like Fender and Squier. ESP and ESP LTD is like MIA and Made in indonesia and/or mexico and assembled in america.

because Americans are so much better at assembling things.

It doesn't matter wher it's made, some people like MIJ more than MIA in Fenders, some Ibanez outclass similarly priced intruments from America. they are cheap ESP, just like GSR is cheap Ibanez, and Squier is cheap Fender.

they have diehard fans, but I really don't find much appeal in them. but I am rather picky, and desire versatility above the basic tone of the instrument, however important both are.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

I have a LTD F-404 (Pretty much the same one as your chick, w/o the sweet inlays), and I'm very pleased with it. It has great tonal options, and although I wish the neck was a tad wider at times, it's very playable and ideal for speed. Besides that, it looks pretty badass in good lighting, or even period. It was also pretty quick to get adjusted into, although I did move to it from an obscenely crappy Squier.

Yeah, and LTD basses are all factory made and assembled in Korea, except for the 400s, which are made in Indonesia. Depending on which one you get, some have cheaper handware/materials. Normal ESPs are all made in Japan, although the custom ones are handcrafted. Source: Wikipedia
From Wikipedia:

In 1996, ESP started a new brand, LTD. The LTD guitars are similar to ESP guitars and more affordable. The 400 series LTDs are made on an assembly line in Korea whereas the series below 400 are made in Indonesia. LTDs are made out of cheaper materials than ESPs and ESPs use better quality hardware.

I have to disagree with the Fender-Squier comparison. IMO it's more like MIA-MIM.
When I bought my LTD D4 a MIM J bass was one of the other basses I was trying out. I chose the LTD for its better playability, feel and sound (though to be fair I was looking for a more metal sound).
I now also have a LTD B404 and this bass destroys any MIM or any other bass I've played.
Now I know that this is all subjective and it all comes down to personal preference but I feel that although some lower end LTD basses could be comparable to Squiers the mid and high end LTDs are far better.

TS, like with any bass purchase go to the shop and try them out. If you don't like playing it then it doesn't matter wether it's a good bass or not.

EDIT: Damn. beaten to the wikipedia quote.
Quote by 24fRETSoFfURY
EDIT: Damn. beaten to the wikipedia quote.

Awesome. I feel like I accomplished something!
My Mate has the top of the line Esp ltd and it is awesome! Incredible slap tone and feel though it does lack a bit of versility its EMG pickups are to die for and its all wood finish looks superb. Deifinitly get one as they are very under priced for their quality and tone
i got an ltd b-55 and even thought its one of their cheapest basses its better then some basses i played that are three times the price
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
I have a higher end LTD 6-string, and it plays better than a lot of the "higher end" basses I've tried costing just over $1000.
And for those who doesn't know: The bassist on the picture is Karin Axelsson, the bassist in the swedish band Sonic Syndicate
If you throw a pudding towards a running elephant in a pine forest, will the cookie come and eat you? O.o

Quote by Danno13
With a name like Jesus Lives, you
have bigger issues to worry about than how to get a signature guitar.
Owned
Quote by the humanity
because Americans are so much better at assembling things.

Only because they have a better pay which raise the costs.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Quote by Ranxston
Only because they have a better pay which raise the costs.

exactly! if MIA Fenders were assebled in say, China, with the same materials, the same standards, would it be the same? I think yes. they do it here in America though, which means that people will trust the company more. I like the American favoring in the guitar market, but it would make it considerably harder for say, a Filipino luthier. Theoretically, he would never get the same profit an equally skilled American one would. Unfair, but unfixable.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
exactly! if MIA Fenders were assebled in say, China, with the same materials, the same standards, would it be the same? I think yes. they do it here in America though, which means that people will trust the company more. I like the American favoring in the guitar market, but it would make it considerably harder for say, a Filipino luthier. Theoretically, he would never get the same profit an equally skilled American one would. Unfair, but unfixable.

Ah what if he moved to America? Then his basses would be MIA wouldn't they?

So he'd have a much better reputation simply by moving to the land of hope and glory...
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Quote by Rywad
Ah what if he moved to America? Then his basses would be MIA wouldn't they?

So he'd have a much better reputation simply by moving to the land of hope and glory...

why should he have to? and does it make him any better?
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

ive got both a LTD Viper 104 and a F104, the viper was made in china and the quality was so much poorer than the F104 which was made in indonesia, so im not sure if its the country or just stay away from the cheaper viper models.

the F104 Plays amazing, i love esp basses, they are seriously underpriced XD
Quote by the humanity
why should he have to? and does it make him any better?

He doesn't have to but it will make the ignorant public 'think' his goods are better simply because they are made in USA but if his current goods that were made in the Filipinos were sold in the US they would either be sought after by many or people would think that its not good to buy from anywhere other than the US shows how stupid some Americans are... And about making him any better he could end up meeting many other luthiers that help to expand his knowledge in creating bass' or guitars which would make him better.

Another something I could use example is Warwick there made in Germany not made in US but there bloody popular whys this? Is it because Germany is regarded highly among people in being a good place for stuff being bought, this is probably a yes for the more intelligent people amongst us but its obvious some stupid kid will say "OMGZ Warwicks are made by Nazis!!!" which is a completely stupid comment to make even for a stupid kid.

However now reading this that the whole Warwick thing has absolutely no merit to our discussion the the Filipino luthier but hey, why not leave it there for no reason.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

exactly. My uncle used to live next to a luthier down in Mexico, and he eventually got hired doing MIM for Fender because he wasn't able to sell his high end acoustics. Unfair, in my opinion.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
exactly. My uncle used to live next to a luthier down in Mexico, and he eventually got hired doing MIM for Fender because he wasn't able to sell his high end acoustics. Unfair, in my opinion.

Its the simple problem of large companies they screw all the little guys.. They really shouldn't do it because more than often the little guys are the ones who make the best instruments as they actually take time on each one. I'm sure even MIA Fenders are produced pretty quickly while a luthier who makes them on a small scale can take months making one instrument perfect and then get denied purchase simply because someone would rather have the lower quality MIA Fender which simply just has the Fender name on the headstock where as the extremely nice instrument that was made by the luthier does not have the big name which makes people ignore the fact its MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the Fender.

Bloody trans-national corporations ey?

AND WOW! This topic has 555 views... I expect its just the name of the thread, that is why this world is going to **** the promise of a 'hot girl' is more than enough to make people read something, compare this to a thread that helps people that gains a mere 100 views and is very informative to everyone. Whats this world coming to?
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Last edited by Rywad at Jul 15, 2008,
the internet... home of the Pervs...

haven't met the guy since, he had to move somewhere. only got to see his shop once.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
the internet... home of the Pervs...

haven't met the guy since, he had to move somewhere. only got to see his shop once.

That sucks, what happened to that guy is really unlucky for him and Mexican acoustic guitar players really, well made guitars are VERY lovely.

Sadly yes, the internet is home to pervs and various other people (I say people like that because it shows that I mean not very nice people better, if they were all nice i'd say 'nice people' anyway...)

I seem to get off topic to discussions pretty quick :/
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Quote by Zyl
that girl is not hot );

+1

I got the idea that ESP basses are better than LTD by the materials used and quality of the parts, not who makes it.

ESP basses do seem good from what I've seen, but tbh I'd go for the B series' versatility than the F series' looks.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
I find the F series to look pretty ugly really, I'd rather own many of there other normal looking bass' or an Ibanez. I'd pretty much go for an Ibanez if I wanted this style of bass.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Quote by Rywad
That sucks, what happened to that guy is really unlucky for him and Mexican acoustic guitar players really, well made guitars are VERY lovely.

Sadly yes, the internet is home to pervs and various other people (I say people like that because it shows that I mean not very nice people better, if they were all nice i'd say 'nice people' anyway...)

I seem to get off topic to discussions pretty quick :/

me too. we should make a Spammers Anonymous group...

they were very well made guitars, MIM was lucky to get him.

but anyway, to tie this back in, LTD is ok, but not amazing, and I think you can get more bang from your buck with something produced completely in in a non- USA factory, for US production does not make a guitar immediatly amazing, and non US production doesn't make it suck.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
me too. we should make a Spammers Anonymous group...

they were very well made guitars, MIM was lucky to get him.

but anyway, to tie this back in, LTD is ok, but not amazing, and I think you can get more bang from your buck with something produced completely in in a non- USA factory, for US production does not make a guitar immediatly amazing, and non US production doesn't make it suck.

Now thats an idea we managed to change the topic, have a small discussion about economics and then bring it back hell ya!

I personally think Ibanez > LTD in pretty much all cases, before I got my GSR200 I tried out a few B50's and hated them they just felt bad. And I happen to be a bit of an Ibanez bloke so that could influence my choice, some of there higher end stuff is pretty good but doesn't compare to many other brands, I'd rather have HW1 Fender than an LTD 400 series personally...

I also hate the way whether its 'Made in America', 'Made in Britain' etc bumps up the price technically the only real difference is the fact in one place its made by East Asian places or in countries that are supposedly 'better' than them just because they assemble some parts in the sacred land of AMERICA, really I expect the only reason the price is bumped up because of the higher pay rates in these countries thus forcing the cost to go up.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Last edited by Rywad at Jul 15, 2008,
ofc u didnt likle the B50s, they are ****!! u gotta try the higher end ones to feel the true hollyness of the LTD....

Quote by Jonn0
+1
ESP basses do seem good from what I've seen, but tbh I'd go for the B series' versatility than the F series' looks.

THe F series are bassically B series with Pointed bodies so the B series are not more versatile than the F series.
Last edited by jb_reborn at Jul 15, 2008,
Quote by Rywad
Now thats an idea we managed to change the topic, have a small discussion about economics and then bring it back hell ya!

I personally think Ibanez > LTD in pretty much all cases, before I got my GSR200 I tried out a few B50's and hated them they just felt bad. And I happen to be a bit of an Ibanez bloke so that could influence my choice, some of there higher end stuff is pretty good but doesn't compare to many other brands, I'd rather have HW1 Fender than an LTD 400 series personally...

I also hate the way whether its 'Made in America', 'Made in Britain' etc bumps up the price technically the only real difference is the fact in one place its made by East Asian places or in countries that are supposedly 'better' than them just because they assemble some parts in the sacred land of AMERICA, really I expect the only reason the price is bumped up because of the higher pay rates in these countries thus forcing the cost to go up.

I like Ibanez a lot too. It is a really nice company. Those Japanese know how to make a cool bass. Beats LTD easily. I think so anyway.

it's probably supply and demand- people want American instruments more than they want Taiwanese ones. So one made in Taiwan has to have lower prices to keep the company afloat. which results in lower pay and cheaper materials.

Ibanez has escaped this to a certain extent, but will keep that cruel stigma forever.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard