I'm considering going to a music school to study music. I'm thinking about Musicians Institute. Has anyone here gone to school to study music or even MI?
Berklee, Cornish, Juliard and GIT are good places.

Berklee is reasonably easy (but not cake, obviously) to get into, given you're musical proficiency meets the standards and you have the money.

Or, just apply to any college and get a music degree wherever you end up attending. It'll provide a sufficient education and is not as cut-throat. Hope this helped.
From what I've heard, MI is supposedly a gimmick school and won't earn you any respect once you get out. I believe some members here have experience with it, and they'll be able to offer you a more educated viewpoint.
Quote by skaterskagg1
I'm considering going to a music school to study music. I'm thinking about Musicians Institute. Has anyone here gone to school to study music or even MI?

I went to GIT. I wouldn't recommend it. There are good players there, but I learned much more from my local community college. GIT = gimmick school.

If your serious about going to school for music, I would recommend a good university. Before you go though, take some time and think about what you want to do when you get out. Music school is expensive, and getting a job in the field is challenging. The guys I know that went to Berkley, teach at the local music shop and play in the local bars. If you have any respect for your parents who are likely paying for it all, take the time to consider what your going to do with their investment.
shred is gaudy music
would a community college be able to offer the same kind of music education that a university could? i spent too much time playing guitar and not enough time doing homework so i don't exactly plan on ever getting accepted into a good university.
Quote by skaterskagg1
would a community college be able to offer the same kind of music education that a university could? i spent too much time playing guitar and not enough time doing homework so i don't exactly plan on ever getting accepted into a good university.

Well to a certain extent yes. I used it as a stepping stone to get into university, because I was in a similar situation. During High School, I just played guitar and never did homework.
I would strongly recommend though that you consider working hard at the other classes as well. Ultimately your going to have to survive on your own (unless you parents are rich and don't mind supporting you for the rest of your life), so having marketable skills is pretty important.
shred is gaudy music