yea. so ive been lookin to upgrade my rig and i dont use the neck so i want to see if there are any guitars i like with one pickup so i can save a little cash. so...name some.

no sig models. unless thats my only choice.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
rr24 and alexi 600...sorry their sigs, but awesome sigs
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Charvel? There's an Ibanez guitar with one pickup also.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
peavey nitro 1.

BEST guitar ever.

i think a peavey tracer had one like that also... Some old arias did, the big 80s metal guitars really, jackson, charvel, i think they all had one, it was cheap and effective.

the ibanez road-star series had af ew with one bridge pickup.
Last edited by LP Addict at Jul 14, 2008,
if u are looking at saving money ...then the alexi 200
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
Gibson Melody Maker
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
i think there are a lot more factors to the price then how many pickups it has. Some pickups cost $30 and some cost $300 so that is irrelevant.

i'm just saying I wouldn't limit my guitar search to that variable.

go to a store and play some stuff if you can. what is your total budet? what music style do you play? what amp are you using? what guitar do you have now. etc.
The occasional PRS SE has only a bridge pickup.

EDIT: Getting a guitar with only one pickup won't necessarily save you cash. I recently bought a new guitar and they had a few PRS guitars with a single pick up that were about 3000 dollars, and then there was some fancy ibanez prestige with 3 pickups, HSH setup, for 1400. You shouldn't sacrifice a pickup in a futile attempt to save a small amount of cash, just find a guitar you like, and save enough money for it.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Last edited by kyle100 at Jul 14, 2008,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
i think there are a lot more factors to the price then how many pickups it has. Some pickups cost $30 and some cost $300 so that is irrelevant.

i'm just saying I wouldn't limit my guitar search to that variable.

go to a store and play some stuff if you can. what is your total budet? what music style do you play? what amp are you using? what guitar do you have now. etc.

oh, im not. ive never really caught on to the look. it makes a guitar look naked. i was just wondering what kinds there were to see if there were any i liked.

if the alexi 200 and the rr24 are the only ones then im cool. i only really like jackson and ltd's.
The Fender Straight Six strat has one humbucker in the bridge. I heard it was some limited production thing so it could be hard to find.
Quote by Dimefan69
oh, im not. ive never really caught on to the look. it makes a guitar look naked. i was just wondering what kinds there were to see if there were any i liked.

if the alexi 200 and the rr24 are the only ones then im cool. i only really like jackson and ltd's.

The Alexi 200 is a pile of crap. Stay away from it, what you're looking for is the Alexi 600.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
yea. sorry. this thread is pretty much done.
BC Rich Exotic Warlock

Kick butt guitar.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Why would you want such a defect?It's not versatile at all.But if you insist,then the RR24.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
gibson les paul junior (either single or doublecut) and fender esquire would be the classics. if you're after bang-for-buck, japanese copies of those would be worth looking into.

Those aren't humbuckers, though. are you after single coils or humbuckers? also, what country are you in (affects prices), and what type of music do you play?

EDIT: oh, metal? jackson rr24 maybe, or maybe those new bc rich gunslingers...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dimefan69
yea. sorry. this thread is pretty much done.

noooo!!!! you forgot about the hello kitty strat!!!!
O O

___
Quote by LP51122
Gibson Melody Maker

Yup, and the LP Junior and SG Junior, and the Fender Esquire.

/e: Gibson ES-125s / ES-140s, too.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Last edited by Highbinder at Jul 14, 2008,
80's Kramer's, Charvel's, some Jackson and ESP's, etc...they are really not that difficult to find if you google. You need the right pickup in a 1 humbucker guitar. One that'll clean up nice when you roll down the volume. I suggest looking on EvilBay or Craigslist and see if you can find some good deals there. Just gotta understand what you're buying, gotta be careful.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by LP51122
Gibson Melody Maker

If you get a melody maker try the joan jett sig.. Very nice guitar, simple but with great tone..
"To Talk Without Thinking Is To Shoot Without Aiming"