I'm turning 18 in a few weeks and my dad suggested why not get an MIA Strat but now I am seeing the MIA Deluxe Strat and I'm wondering is all the extras worth it?

Thanks.
Try them both out, see which one you like more!!

Its hard to say, cause every guitar is different.
Here is a handly little chart.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?doc_id=101934

The Deluxe has the SCN noiseless pups but the bid difference I like is the S-1 switching which allows all kinds of pick up selection options. In the HSS version, I think it is like 10 different combinations. maybe it is just cool factor but hey!
I wouldn't get the Deluxe. I don't like any single coil pickup being called "noiseless". Because obviously you're going to lose something by cancelling the noise. Also, I'm more of a vintage guy and like my Strats pretty simple. You might just want to play them both first.
^ agreed. the extras are worth it if you use them, but i don't think the deluxe is a better guitar, just it has the extra features. Could be wrong, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, my guess is it is the same guitar but that the S-1 switching is what jacks the price up and if I remember correctly those SCN pickups are not cheap either but then again, most Fender pups are pretty expensive.

If you don't care about the S-1 switching you would be better off imo getting a normal American Strat and then changing pups later if you want to...plus there will be a lot more to choose from.
MIA Deluxe Strats are built a lot better - you can feel the quality in them. But the standard MIAs are also very nice. I'd only really lash out the extra cash for the deluxe if I was dead certain I wanted all the extras.
Quote by Tomaz24
MIA Deluxe Strats are built a lot better - you can feel the quality in them. But the standard MIAs are also very nice. I'd only really lash out the extra cash for the deluxe if I was dead certain I wanted all the extras.

ah, ok, sorry.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
....my deluxe duznt have super switching
but i have a special edition fsr(which is still gold plated with the noiseless pups).and they only make 100 of them.But the should have put the super switching on there!
Quote by stratdud39
....my deluxe duznt have super switching
but i have a special edition fsr(which is still gold plated with the noiseless pups).and they only make 100 of them.But the should have put the super switching on there!

I don't know for sure Stratdud. If I hear you correctly you are saying you have 1 or 2 Strats that do not have S-1 switching?

To be honest I'm not sure how long they have had that option maybe 5 years - don't know. What year is your guitar(s). And yea....I agree.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jul 14, 2008,
I don't know if it's just me, but the MIA Deluxes I've played have definitely felt better than other MIA Fenders.
The S-1 switching is a waste of my life. I have an American Strat HSS and its like the most worthless price-booster I've ever heard of.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
the hss strat has little use for the s-1

but on an sss it is very helpful

i chose the deluxe

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by SlinkyBlue
The S-1 switching is a waste of my life. I have an American Strat HSS and its like the most worthless price-booster I've ever heard of.

So your Am Strat has S-1?

and timzee117 why do you think S-1 switching is a waste in a HSS? Just curious.
Deluxe HSS = win.
They have better fretwork, an LSR roller nut (WOO HOO!) S-1 switching system, a nice set of pickups (they sound quite nice), and abalone inlays. They just feel a lot better than american standards IMO.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dude i would just suggest to go with the one you like the best.

But it all depends on what price i spose? I would just go with the Standard if that is what you were looking at.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2