Ok so i'm into playing a lot of metallica n ****, but i also like a good clean channel? does this amp have a good clean channel, if one at all? please help me..

also, how much would i be lookin at moneywise...

the ones i've seen are 2000 dollars, but isn't that...a little much?

anyway, thanks
Check out my music, if you please.
Mesa Mark IV's get a closer Metallica sound. James and Kirk have both used them live. The Recto line will get you very heavy sounds and CAN do Metallica, but the Mark IV gets that sound a little better.

The Recto's usually go for a little over 1k used.
Your question is of importance to me as well; I'd love to know if the Mesa clean is any good.
Not amazing, but they're good for your metal song standards.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by colin617
Mesa Mark IV's get a closer Metallica sound. James and Kirk have both used them live. The Recto line will get you very heavy sounds and CAN do Metallica, but the Mark IV gets that sound a little better.

The Recto's usually go for a little over 1k used.

I always thought live they used recto's for the most part
Like live earth's performance ---
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-nG-SwAEYTw&feature=related
A rectifier would be fine for metallica. I do think for leads though you'd need an od to tighten things up. I'm pretty sure kirk uses a tubescreamer? but i'm not 100 percent sure.

Quote by \m/metallica\m/
I always thought live they used recto's for the most part
Like live earth's performance ---
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-nG-SwAEYTw&feature=related
A rectifier would be fine for metallica. I do think for leads though you'd need an od to tighten things up. I'm pretty sure kirk uses a tubescreamer? but i'm not 100 percent sure.

They use monster racks live. I think James has been using a Diezel VH4 recently.
Yeah he has been using a Diezel but they go through tons and tons of amps. On Master of PUppets they used a Mark II C+ but those go for like 3500 now days.

A Recto or Mark IV would work great, both will cost around 1300-1400 used (including a decent cab for the recto). And yes Mesa cleans are very nice, by any standards IMO.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Heres the run down on the recto's and Metallica..

Kirk Dual Recto live shows for S@M and Load

James Triple Recto for VH1 hall of fame Live

I wouldnt trust it by what they have on stage, metallica is known to have unplugged dual rectos onstage. i know that james uses the mesa triaxis preamp with a mesa poweramp, and is currently experimenting with the diezel vh4 and the krank series.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by aznrockerdude
Not amazing, but they're good for your metal song standards.

So you wouldn't compare them to Opeth or anything incredible like that?
Is it a bluesy clean or a true acoustic clean?
Quote by SkateEmerica987
I wouldnt trust it by what they have on stage, metallica is known to have unplugged dual rectos onstage. i know that james uses the mesa triaxis preamp with a mesa poweramp, and is currently experimenting with the diezel vh4 and the krank series.

Really because i could have swore those were Dual Recto's in Kirks rack behind the stage with the unplugged dual rectos up front... sorry had to throw in a bit of sarcasm...

Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 14, 2008,