Hey guys I was just wondering how much a Gibson SG is worth... not the 1968 models but like the newest one... like Jack Black has in School of Rock loll the red devil looking one. thanks everyone.
Quote by Ghold125

Ah, no need to be mean to him. He's just a noob.

But yeah, you should try google the next time you just want to price check something.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
lol thanks dude... i searched but i didn't know what phrases to try... but it only came up with the older versions. thanks again mate.

edit: link didn't work. but thanks for trying anyway. ill search around the site manually.
Last edited by thanksgiving at Jul 14, 2008,
and jack black supposedly had a 68 in the movie, so...
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
the one Jack Black uses in School of Rock is a 1968 SG Standard. But you should check guitarcenter.com
It was? they look like the exact same? is there like a real difference between the appearences?
Not in appearance, but definitely in the sound.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by thanksgiving
It was? they look like the exact same? is there like a real difference between the appearences?

Is that all that matters?
The looks?

MC name = Bearrorism
which ones sound better?

or is it just a case of different actual sound? like not better or worse
no man looks don't matter but i was just wondering because i couldnt see a visible appearence so i was just like working it out. Im not new to guitar playing but i never really looked into different models and that if you know what i mean.
I paid $600 for mine used. They go anywhere from around 600 to 1700 for the new one nowadays.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I personally recommend SGs (I have two, a Gibson and an Epiphone) and they're my favorite kind of guitar. If you want to buy one, I suggest you go to a guitar shop and play them and pick the one that plays well. Don't be afraid of the lower end Gibsons (Special Faded, Special), if you find a good one it's probably just as good as the more expensive models.

Don't be afraid of Epiphones, either. For the price, they're outstanding guitars if you find a good one and do a few minor electronics upgrades.
buying in australia will probably cost you and arm and a leg... sorry.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110268536619&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by Sid McCall
I paid $600 for mine used. They go anywhere from around 600 to 1700 for the new one nowadays.

DAMN IT, you just beaten the awesome deal i got on mine
Do NOT just go and order an SG of the internet. Make sure you play one in person first. You should do that with any guitar, however, I feel more-so with an SG. The placing of the neck strap hook gives it a very odd center of gravity. The headstock is also heavier then the body, SG bodies are rather light, causing the headstock to remain downwards at times. Some people love the way they feel playing standing, I personally hate it. Check em out in person though.
If you have a lot of money the Gibson SG Standard is your best bet.

look for it on musiciansfriend.com after you try it out first.

for black it is around $1000 but you need to add $200 for red
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by poguemahone805
Do NOT just go and order an SG of the internet. Make sure you play one in person first. You should do that with any guitar, however, I feel more-so with an SG. The placing of the neck strap hook gives it a very odd center of gravity. The headstock is also heavier then the body, SG bodies are rather light, causing the headstock to remain downwards at times. Some people love the way they feel playing standing, I personally hate it. Check em out in person though.

LIES!

on epi's that may be true, but on standards... not a chance.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
LIES!

on epi's that may be true, but on standards... not a chance.

Hmm, Ill take your word for it.

Ive only ever played the Gibson SG's sitting down. Only used Epi SG's standing, seeing as you own a true Gibson, you would know better than I.
i've never used a strap with an epi, so i dunno how bad the neckdive is on them. maybe you're right, but sg's differ a lot between models. oh, and this should be moved to the electric guitar forum.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by poguemahone805

really? cause thats exactly what i did for both my les paul and sg. and they play heavenly.
Quote by dudey5691
Sorry to crash the thread but...

THIS BELONGS IN THE "ELECTRIC GUITAR" FORUM

ECHO.... echo... echo... echo...