Poll: Is the keytar sexy?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is the keytar sexy?
Hell yes!
33 60%
...HELL NO!
19 35%
Voters: 55.
So I went to see Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band last night and Gary Wright, that guy that wrote the cheesy song "Dream Weaver" played using a Keytar.

Personally, I think they're hilariously dorky looking, and one of the dumbest inventions. My girlfriend on the other hand thinks it's the coolest thing ever. This debate is driving me crazy, so I want UG's opinion. Lame? Cool? Dumbest thing ever made? Greatest instrument of the 80s? Poll coming
No, it's pretty dumb....
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
keytars are badass. look up some Sonata Arctica
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.
Dude, keytars are hella sweet.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
I wish people would stop calling them keytars. It's just a midi controller with a strap on it. Nobody seems to realize that the sound isn't coming out of the keyboard, it's coming out of a computer program that the keyboard controls.

Regardless, I think they're totally awesome when played with talent and conviction.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Dude, Chic Corea played one when I saw RTF, which was the greatest show ever, and since he shredded the keytar, yes, I can say, they are very sexy.
Keytars rock! Don't even tell me that great players like Keith Emerson, Christopher Bowes, Janne Wirman, Herbie Hancock, and Bubs Concession Stand look dorky playing them.
Quote by Sid McCall
I wish people would stop calling them keytars. It's just a midi controller with a strap on it. Nobody seems to realize that the sound isn't coming out of the keyboard, it's coming out of a computer program that the keyboard controls.

Regardless, I think they're totally awesome when played with talent and conviction.

Keytar sounds a lot better
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.
Quote by Sid McCall

Midi controller with a strap doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, though.
Quote by Sid McCall

not true there are a lot of keytars that are actual synthesizers, roland makes a few, but alot of them are just midi controllers.
the synthesizers with straps I don't mind. Edgar Winter played with one last night, and he didn't look goofy or anything. he was rocking out on some of his songs, and all was good. but when Gary Wright came out with the keytar with the little stub of a neck doing a cheesy little dance, playing a love song, it's really corny.
Quote by strat335
So I went to see Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band last night

I found your problem.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom

haha i wanted to see a Beatle before they all died off! and besides, it wasn't Ringo's fault, it was that Gary friggin' Wright!