Hey everybody,
So lately I've been looking at some amps, but unfortunatly there are a good number of amps that no shops near by have, so I have no way in trying some out. I just want to somebody to give me some info on the Randall V2, because I only know what the Randall site tells me. I don't really know how to describe the tone I'm looking for, but I want something with alot of 'chug'.
I already have a good bit of info about the other amps I'm considering, so hopefully somebody can provide me with some information about the V2.

Thanks.
budget?
style?
volume?
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
I have a Randall G3 Plus Series 212 amp, which has the tone circuits from the V2 Randall. I can tell you the clean channel is the single-best sounding clean I've ever heard, like no joke. But.... the distortion was kinda muddy, just to the point of being annoying
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Budget, I'd say no more then about $1400.
I play metal, and some thrash, and I'm looking for something to gig with.

I just want some info on this amp, because I don't have the chance to try it out. If I find something I don't like about this then I already have a few different amps in mind. I just don't wanna settle on one of those if I find that this amp is best for me.
Honestly you'd probably be disappointed in this amp
I eneded up taking my back because it just didn't cut it

Don't get me wrong, if you ran a pedalboard through the clean channel this amp would be amazing, but I was looking for something that had a ballsy distortion on the amp itself.
When I say the clean channel was epic, I'm not lying. The distortion doesn't sound very good for straight axe-in-your-face metal, but then again most amps don't
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Well, I'm not looking to run a pedal board through the clean or anything. I'm suprised theres somebody accually comlimenting the clean channel on one of these amps. All Randalls I've played the cleans were to great.
I'll probably wined up saving some more cash and just looking for a Powerball or Nitro, although I hardly dought I'll come across a used Nitro at a good price lol.

Thanks.
And if anybody else has some info, I'd still like to hear it.