Is seems possible to tune to drop C using 10's, 10-52, and also possible to use this for standard tuning....

So do i need to change anything when changing from 9's, 9-42 apart from action?
I don't think so, not with such a little change.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
YES.
The floyd for sure. You will probably need to adjust it with each tuning if you float.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
You'll have to adjust the floyd, but theres a 50/50 chance on the trussrod.
Don't know about the floyd, but no on the truss rod.

Edit: I'm not sure about drop tuning actually.
Man,i'm using 13-60 and C tunings makes no difference if your doing it once in a while, but if you do it too often, you may need to adjust your truss rod.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Quote by SG310user
Man,i'm using 13-60 and C tunings makes no difference if your doing it once in a while, but if you do it too often, you may need to adjust your truss rod.

do i need more springs in the back?
when adding heavier strings tighten the screws in the back, tune, tighten, retune till done
no for the trus rod
no you don't need more springs
Quote by daemonsvek
when adding heavier strings tighten the screws in the back, tune, tighten, retune till done
no for the trus rod
no you don't need more springs

are you sure? because i dont want to **** up my guitar neck or twist it or anything bad
Quote by Epic_chef
Is seems possible to tune to drop C using 10's, 10-52, and also possible to use this for standard tuning....

That's not going to work on a Floyd - your tuning stability will be non-existent.

Regardless of what you do, if you want to detune or change string gauge you'll have to adjust the springs but 10's is too light for Drop C on a Floyd, you want 11's at least.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
That's not going to work on a Floyd - your tuning stability will be non-existent.

Regardless of what you do, if you want to detune or change string gauge you'll have to adjust the springs but 10's is too light for Drop C on a Floyd, you want 11's at least.

what this guy said, although i personally use 12's the string tension is basically the same in drop c with 12's as if you were in standard with 9's or 10's so only a tiny amount of screw adjusting was needed.

although if you want to change tunings a lot a floyd was a pretty bad idea.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by Acquiescence
do i need to change anything if i do 10-46 to 9-42? my guitar is a hardtail

Nope. The great thing about hardtails is you dont have to adjust the bridge or saddles if youre changing string gauges. No, not even the truss rod. if your action is where you want it, and the intonation is set, string gauge upgrades have no problems. that is, if youre not making a giant leap upwards, or downwards, like going from a set of 9-42's to Zakk Wylde customs (10-60!, gigantic!) and vice versa. in that case, a truss rod adjustment is near crucial.

Quote by Epic_chef

FROM 9's TO 10's, on a Floyd, right? the PITA about Floyds is that every string adjustment (de-tuning, gauge upgrades, etc.) has to be adjusted by the claw in the back that tethers the strings. i tried the same upgrade to get a tighter half step down tuning, and had to tighten the claw and diagonally set the springs to compensate for the string tension.
When changing gauges on a Floyd, you'll need to readjust the intonation and the springs. The truss should not need to be touched, but in general, I just go the whole way and do a complete setup if it's been more than a couple months since the last.