OK,
Daddy brought home a bunch of boss pedals that a guy at work doesnt use anymore.
No, he's not just giving them to me.
They're all 1980's jap pedals,
I'd like your opinions on whether they're good or not, and how much they're worth.

Digital Delay (DD-3)
Heavy Metal (HM-2)
Chorus (CE-3)
Super Overdrive (SD-1)
Distortion (DS-1)
Power Supply & Master Switch (PSM-5)

They're in a boss pedal board.
Thanks Boys

(btw, realistic prices, im the one who has to pay )
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
I'd keep some of those man, some of them are good pedals. At least the DD-3, the SD-1, and the DS-1. Maybe get the DS-1 Keeley modded then sell it for more?

That HM-2 is actually pretty great for that old school death metal tone, it just nails it.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
awesome! sounds like you got lucky! You might want to ask him how much he wants for them though..
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Keep the chorus and the delay and maybe the sd-1. How much are you paying?

Don't worry about the conversion, I'm Australian too.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
i think he's looking for around 400 for the lot, but noones agreed on a price yet, just brought them home to have a fiddle with
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson RD Artist

Amps:

Framus Cobra

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Ill go down the list and give you info for the one's im familiar with and recommend getting.

DD-3: Great pedal for basic delay sounds; ping-pong, slap back, or just thickening up your tone. Very nice for leads and solos as well. If you're into more far-out or spacey/trippy sounds, its not what you're after. $80

SD-1: Good at what it does, but it only does 2 things. You can use it to get a really nice bluesy tone on a clean channel, or to push your overdrive channel into, well... more overdrive. Basically, that means more gain without sacrificing that tubey deliciousness. A great thing about this pedal is its cheap, but really moddable. $30

CE-3: Chorus pretty much makes it sound like more than one guitar playing at once. It splits your sound in two, modifies one part, and mixes them back together. Pretty cool, and if you tweak it right, you get a nice vibrato-like sound. However, CE-3 is prettyy far out of date, so I wouldn't pay much for it. $15

DS-1: Pretty much a piece of crap in my opinion. Unless you get the Keeley mod, then its a sex in a box. $10 (Buy it and get the keeley mod. Seriously, do it.)

EDIT: Sorry, all these are USD prices... I would convert, but I don't know the current rate.

EDIT 2: Wait, I just looked it up and now that I know 1 USD> 1 AUD, then just tell your dad those are the AUD prices
Last edited by Pyrofretnic at Jul 14, 2008,
The CE-3 went for 80 dollars on Australian eBay.

The Boss delays go for a bit but aren't often on eBay.

The SD-1 would go for around 50 dollars on eBay.

The DS-1 also would go for around 50 dollars.

I have seen them at this price.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Quote by b00m_
The CE-3 went for 80 dollars on Australian eBay.

The Boss delays go for a bit but aren't often on eBay.

The SD-1 would go for around 50 dollars on eBay.

The DS-1 also would go for around 50 dollars.

I have seen them at this price.

Just because it goes for a certain price on ebay doesn't mean you should pay that much. The CE-3 is old and out of date, and the CE-5 goes for 90 bucks brand new. The SD-1 is $60 new. The DS-1 is even cheaper than that ebay price, its only 40 dollars new.
The HM-2 is a great bass distortion.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Quote by Pyrofretnic
Just because it goes for a certain price on ebay doesn't mean you should pay that much. The CE-3 is old and out of date, and the CE-5 goes for 90 bucks brand new. The SD-1 is $60 new. The DS-1 is even cheaper than that ebay price, its only 40 dollars new.

I'm not saying he should pay that much for them, i am notifying him of how much they go for on eBay so he can get a rough idea of how much to pay, but still not paying 80 dollars for the chorus. More like 40 or 50.

About the DS-1, 40 bucks new, not in Australia. Prices are jacked up, which is why they go for 50 bucks on eBay used.
Quote by atr5557
ummmm, what's the deal with the black labels?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson RD Artist

Amps:

Framus Cobra

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Hang on, because these are from the 80's surely they are the better quality Boss pedals compared to modern equivalents?
Get him to go as low as you can, but really, the Japanese Boss pedals from the 80's are the only desirable Boss pedals (IMHO). They often sell for more than their brand new counterparts. I don't think $400 is a bad price.

Check completed auctions on ebay and see how much they're selling for. Make sure you specifically look up the the Japan 80's ones.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
You are lucky because they're old and all MIJ. New boss today are not as good as before.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
You are lucky because they're old and all MIJ. New boss today are not as good as before.

yea and to the guy before...

old jap pedals are wayy better than now. if u had that analog delay you woulda hit jackpot
Moot.