While I like to consider myself a Mockingbird aficionado of sorts, I am completely unable to figure out what model Mockingbird this is:

The "Custom" and "USA" on the headstock are unfamiliar to me, as I have never seen any USA Mockingbird that looks anything remotely like this (especially not with that headstock). Also, the truss rod cover is unlike any I have ever seen on a Mockingbird (USA or otherwise).

If anyone knows what the heck this is (or if it is a fake?), I would greatly appreciate the help.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
I beleive it's just a custom, like it says on the headstock. Looks like a one off to me.
Quote by caraluzzo
I beleive it's just a custom, like it says on the headstock. Looks like a one off to me.

I've never heard of a "Custom," and does the "USA" on the headstock actually indicate that its a USA Mockingbird? I personally have never seen any USA Mockingbird that looks like that...

EDIT: And I'm not following you with the "one off" comment. What exactly do you mean?

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Last edited by FourSticks17 at Jul 14, 2008,
I'm no BC Rich expert but doesnt the custom stuff from them A have a large "R" to symbolize custom shop status and B I didnt know they made bolt on custom guitars. The majority of their custom guitars from what I've seen are neck through. I could be wrong but a serial number always helps.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Quote by Slanderous666
I'm no BC Rich expert but doesnt the custom stuff from them A have a large "R" to symbolize custom shop status and B I didnt know they made bolt on custom guitars. The majority of their custom guitars from what I've seen are neck through. I could be wrong but a serial number always helps.

Part of the problem is that I'm not even sure if its from the Custom Shop at all because I have no idea if the small "Custom" on the headstock actually indicates that it is from the BC Rich Custom shop.

As far as making bolt-on custom guitars, I really don't see why not considering that BC Rich did make bolt-on USA Mockingbirds. Of course, I have never seen a bolt-on from the Custom shop, but, then again, I have never seen this particular Mockingbird at all--Custom shop or otherwise.

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Quote by FourSticks17
Part of the problem is that I'm not even sure if its from the Custom Shop at all because I have no idea if the small "Custom" on the headstock actually indicates that it is from the BC Rich Custom shop.

As far as making bolt-on custom guitars, I really don't see why not considering that BC Rich did make bolt-on USA Mockingbirds. Of course, I have never seen a bolt-on from the Custom shop, but, then again, I have never seen this particular Mockingbird at all--Custom shop or otherwise.

Makes sense, If theres a serial number you can probably find out on their site and if all else fails you can probably email BC rich a pic of the guitar and see if they can help.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Yeah, the guy says it doesn't have a serial number on the guitar (which would seem to indicate either that it was a single made custom deal or that it is such a low-end model that it doesn't even have a serial number, although this seems unlikely with its fairly nice neck binding). Anyway, though, it looks like I may never know exactly what this guitar is...

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
that guitar looks like its body is from the bronze series, the hardware, and finish are the same as bronze series, the pickups are custom, and the neck and headstock look like something from a masterpiece series.

EDIT: no doubt is something from the custom shop, did you buy it brand new or second hand.
Ibanez RGR420EX
B.C. Rich MockingBird w/ EMG 81/85

Peavey Valveking 212 Tube Combo

Electro harmonix Metal Muff
Electro harmonix Big Muff
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Quote by Ryan-Mc182
that guitar looks like its body is from the bronze series, the hardware, and finish are the same as bronze series, the pickups are custom, and the neck and headstock look like something from a masterpiece series.

EDIT: no doubt is something from the custom shop, did you buy it brand new or second hand.

I didn't actually buy it---I was just considering getting it, and I decided to hold off.

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube