ok I think my tone is too bright and twangy for certain songs, I actually want to have a darker tone. Tried using tone knobs on my guitar, but it somehow just sound muddy and not good.

Anyone knows some general eq adjustment to get a darker tone?

Thanks in advance
yeah make sure you tone selector is set to left(on strat) or up(on gibson style). Also, more middle and bass sounds on your amp. Also if you turn your tone knobs down just to like 5 not 0 you should still get some good tones.

Edit: Pickups could be a factor...you should figure out what kind you have because, just like guitars, each has its own sound
My Gear:

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Yamaha Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112

Effects:
DigiTech rp350 (For Sale)
BOSS RC-20 XL Loop Station
BOSS GT-10

Rock on!
sorry, forgot to mention my gear

guitar: fender tele 72 deluxe ri with wide range humbuckers, pretty much medium output

amp: laney lc15(15watt tube, mid gain)

I want a darker tone for my clean(neck pickup)
sorry, forgot to mention my gear

guitar: fender tele 72 deluxe ri with wide range humbuckers, pretty much medium output

amp: laney lc15(15watt tube, mid gain)

That's the problem, right there.

Why'd you buy a tele if you don't like the bright, twangy sound? That's basically what makes a tele what it is. That's the characteristic tele sound. And they'll pretty much always have that sound, even with humbuckers.

Get another guitar.
use the one at the neck (left on the selector) and turn the treble o yr amp down to about 4. Put middle up to 6 or 7. and put bass about half way.

That should be nice
Quote by Delanoir
That's the problem, right there.

Why'd you buy a tele if you don't like the bright, twangy sound? That's basically what makes a tele what it is. That's the characteristic tele sound. And they'll pretty much always have that sound, even with humbuckers.

Get another guitar.

no I actually like the bright twangy sound most of the time, but I need some dark tones as well and I can't afford to buy another guitar.

oh and thanks for the advise guys!
Quote by Jasdebi
no I actually like the bright twangy sound most of the time, but I need some dark tones as well and I can't afford to buy another guitar.

Well a Tele will always sound like that, to some degree.

The most you can do, without another guitar, is change the neck pickup. That, and EQ things a bit differently.

Get a Seymour Duncan Jazz, or '59.

On your EQ, as said, lower the treble, and boost the mids and bass.
An easy fix is to shove cloth in where the electronics are and where the Trem cavity is.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
You could try lowering the treble side of the neck pickup a bit, but you're going to struggle to get anything that I'd class as a "dark" tone out of your rig. You could try experimenting with an EQ pedal to see if that helps though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com