Like many others, I bought a laptop and thought "2gb ram, 3ghz processor, 384mb graphics. This will run newer games easy.", only to find out that however powerful these Intel integrated graphics cards are, they will never actually do anything useful, and quite frankly, I wouldn't use this one to wipe my arse with.

The reason for this is, Intel chipsets don't have pixel shaders and vertex shaders, which is what these games need, and what will be needed for every game pretty soon. Apparantly Intel are working on a driver that will make them work, but it's going to be a while before it's released on vista.

By searching around, I found this program.

http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d%5Fanalyze/download/

It is hardware emulation, and it means you can run these games. I have no idea what any of the stuff in it is, but I managed to get the games running through trial and error.

These are the settings I am using at the moment.

The games I have tried out are Oblivion and Silent hill 4, and this is on a 'Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family'. They run fine, and in very high quality visuals. The only problem is they can slow down- but it's far from unplayable

Proofs: (this is resized- the games run fine in any resolution)

And another thing- you won't be able to play online, because this is a 'hack'.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Vermintide
Cool story bro.

Although personally, I wouldn't go near integrated graphics with a 15 foot stick.

+1

I'd rather bathe in a pool of radioactive goo than use an integrated chipset.
Well you have to pay out the ass for a good gaming laptop. I wouldn't bother with integrated graphics. In fact I avoided them and bought a motherboard without them. How much did you pay for that laptop?
Quote by SuperiorToYou
Well you have to pay out the ass for a good gaming laptop. I wouldn't bother with integrated graphics. In fact I avoided them and bought a motherboard without them. How much did you pay for that laptop?

£400.

Now I've fixed the recording software problems and integrated graphics problems, it's not a bad laptop.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
shoulda bought an alienware, even the cheapest gives you an actual nVidia graphics card...

anyways, just buy the orange box....you can run it with a baked potato lol. Awesome games too.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
What h/w does it emulate? Surely it abuses your CPU to do the GPU math, thus slowing everything right down. How well does it perform?

Edit: N/m, I saw the list of things it emulates in the screen shot. Pretty old stuff, but useful, I may even try it sometime. Get RCT3 on the go!
I played Far Cry fine on my onboard graphics (nForce something or other on my desktop)

really, just get any game made before 2004