Hey guys, me and my band decided to hire a new guitarist to replace me, the idea is that I focus on vocals and the new guy focuses on the guitar making us sound better, I'm looking at getting a mic setup to both gig with and practice as a band with. Prior to this date I've never really payed much attention to the vocals, we always just did it live and didn't bother with the practice.

We do half clean half sceam, I'm looking for both a good mic, and a sound system that will make it louder than the drums.
Quote by BGSM
Well, you don't want a dynamic mic, you want a condenser.

I think.

For live vocals a dynamic mic is usually a better choice, they're less fragile and generally don't suffer as much with spill.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
shure sm58 is good enough for live vocals, but they're about 100 USD. then your gonna need a PA, i just got a 200 watt PA(100 watt out 2 channels or 200 bridged). the PA package included 2 single 10" speakers as well, i bought some stands on the cheap via a buddy at the shop and it is about adequate for most practice situations and amost private jam situations. i am thinking about investing in 2 single 12" enclosures to help get it louder. playing it live would be quite a stretch though(you could still use it for band monitoring if necessary) but it just won't have the punch you need to fill a larger room. if you are planning on gigging anytime soon i would seriously look into something around at least 500 to 600 watts and maybe look for as much as 1000. no your not gonna need this much power at every gig, but it is nice to have plenty of headroom and it is also nice to have higher wattage to push whatever subs you get later on. just look on musician's friend for PA equipment, you should get an idea of what is available.
Quote by timi_hendrix
For live vocals a dynamic mic is usually a better choice, they're less fragile and generally don't suffer as much with spill.

And then my singer can be a tool and point it to the amps, and make us all deaf