I am trying to change the strings on my Hellraiser so I loosened the screws behind the strings (the one that holds them in) for the highest 2 strings and they popped out. Now the bridge is at like a 45 degree angle and the screws to release the other strings are facing into the body and I can't access them. How am I supposed to get it angled to where I can get the other strings out?

EDIT: Wow just found the Floyd rose sticky and I see that I need a blocker of some sort! But first I still have to get it back into normal position. I will try putting the 2 strings back on and see if that does it.

EDIT2: Just realized I can't put the strings back on without access to those screws. It seems like I have thoroughly ****ed up
Last edited by GerGuam at Jul 14, 2008,
You'll have to get it set up again.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Not really, Go to your local music store ask and they might change them in like 10-20 minutes or so.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Quote by GerGuam
You mean like bring it to Guitar Center or something?

too late

not really. you can raise the bridge with the tremolo arm, and stick the wood there.
You don't need a blocker at all - provided you only change one string at a time and you're replacing with the same gauge.

Since you've taken 2 off though it's probably best to do that whilst you sort things out. Just dive the trem using the bar and block it with an eraser or a 9v battery wrapped in duct tape.

However, once you've replaced those 2 strings you can remove the block and carry on replacing strings one at a time. When you remove a string you remove some tension so the bridge will sink, but when you replace the string and bring it up to pitch it'll be at the same tension as the old string so it'll bring the bridge back level. It works because there's only one variable, all the other strings haven't changed and neither have the springs therefore you don't need to alter them. Take 2 strings off though and you've got two variables to adjust and that's what gives you your problem. Take all 6 strings off and you've got an absolute nightmare that could take you the best part of an hour to sort out.

And this is why we replace strings one at a time on a floating bridge
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jul 14, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
You don't need a blocker at all - provided you only change one string at a time and you're replacing with the same gauge.

Since you've taken 2 off though it's probably best to do that whilst you sort things out. Just dive the trem using the bar and block it with an eraser or a 9v battery wrapped in duct tape.

However, once you've replaced those 2 strings you can remove the block and carry on replacing strings one at a time. When you remove a string you remove some tension so the bridge will sink, but when you replace the string and bring it up to pitch it'll be at the same tension as the old string so it'll bring the bridge back level. It works because there's only one variable, all the other strings haven't changed and neither have the springs therefore you don't need to alter them. Take 2 strings off though and you've got two variables to adjust and that's what gives you your problem. Take all 6 strings off and you've got an absolute nightmare that could take you the best part of an hour to sort out.

And this is why we replace strings one at a time on a floating bridge

Lol I was going to take all 6 off because I wanted to clean under them now I'm glad I didn't get the chance
Thanks guys