Hey everyone.

I'm looking at buying a used Fender Blues Junior from someone I don't know. It's 4 years old and made in the US (rather than Mexico). He says it hasn't been played much particularly in the last 2-3 years.

I'm not quite a beginner and not quite an intermediate player. I have 3 amps right now. A Fender G-DEC which is more of a toy and I use it to practice more timing stuff. I have a Roland Cube 15 which I use for most general types of things and I also have a Traynor of some sort. It's a bit of a beater but I like the reverb so I use it for blues playing now.

So my questions are:

- I love the blues and this seems to be a very well respected amp for blues players. Is it a good choice? I likely will never play a gig with it. Just jam with my buddies and play in my music room setup.

- What sort of things should I be looking for (and listening for) when i go to try it out? Beyond the easily identifiable bad physical condition.

Any tips for me in general? He asking $250 and that seems to be reasonable to me if it's in proper condition

Thanks for your help in advance. The UG community is awesome. Every time I post questions I get pretty quick and thorough responses.
Nice little amp and thats quite cheap, check the general condition of the knobs make sure they all work... look for loose connections etc make sure the input jack is still solid. play through it and make sure you like it though tbh I think they look better a bit worn out . Because its a tube amp you might be best making sure all the tubes are ok and listen out for vibrations / rattles when your playing...

For blues etc they generally are a pretty good amp specially for the price....