Hey yall im going to sell my JCM900

I know i know

Thing is, im going to uni and its just too big (its the 100watt version) etc and also the cleans arent very good (obviosly its not made for that).

So these days im looking into a small fender amp (iv been playing a mates princeton 65 thats nice) or something just as good so i need your help!

These are the factors that the amp needs to fulfill

1. MUST have great cleans (i use distortion pedals these days-i dont really dig the classic marshall sound anymore)

2. MUST be small enough to cart around

3. MUST be loud! i know that its hard to get a small loud amp but thats what i need

4. I want tube but that is not a definate

5. Cant be too expensive, i basically want to sell my marshall and use the money to get another amp-i dont wanna spend £££££'s

Anything you could think of (or if you have anything to sell/want to buy my marshall) let me know!

Thanks in advance

tobz
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Why dont you just a get a combo version?
---------------------------
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
Korg Pitch Black, MXR Carbon Copy.
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
Get a Laney VC30 or Peavey Classic 30
30 watts tube is enough to play small gigs with, and they're small enough to carry around easily
ohai little sig.
Quote by stueey
Why dont you just a get a combo version?

Did you not read the post? He wants a good amp with cleans which the JCM900 can't do as good as other amps (I'm not bashing the 900 i love them) and he is getting sick of the signature Marshall tone.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by KISSguitarist
Did you not read the post? He wants a good amp with cleans which the JCM900 can't do as good as other amps (I'm not bashing the 900 i love them) and he is getting sick of the signature Marshall tone.

no i didnt read it fully tbh.
---------------------------
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
Korg Pitch Black, MXR Carbon Copy.
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
lol

yes i gig alot, and i have the combo jcm900 but its still quite big and heavy as ****.

I need something about 50watt (i think)

but tbh i dont know too much about amps-i know quite alot but not as much as others on here do.

Are the laney and peaveys tube?
Fender USA Strat

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Quote by tobythechimp
lol

yes i gig alot, and i have the combo jcm900 but its still quite big and heavy as ****.

I need something about 50watt (i think)

but tbh i dont know too much about amps-i know quite alot but not as much as others on here do.

Are the laney and peaveys tube?

Yeah they're all-tube
30 watts tube is enough for gigs if the amp's mic'ed up properly, but it's still pretty loud on it's own, expecially if you hook it up to an external 2x12 or 4x12 cab
ohai little sig.
Where abouts are you in the world? Want me to get the 900 of your hands?
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Quote by Demonikk
Yeah they're all-tube
30 watts tube is enough for gigs if the amp's mic'ed up properly, but it's still pretty loud on it's own, expecially if you hook it up to an external 2x12 or 4x12 cab
The hell with that, my 30w Laney handles gigs without any extension cabs. I run it with half its power tubes out all the time (running 15w) and it's never needed to be anywhere above half.

It is a tad loud for bedroom practice... Maybe look at a VC15? It all depends what country TS is in.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
im in the uk
Fender USA Strat

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Quote by tobythechimp
im in the uk

Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
but what though?
Fender USA Strat

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
You could look into something like the Mesa Express series. I don't have any experience with them, but there are a few different versions 25, 50, and 100 watts (I think) and each of them have a switch to bring it down to 5 watts.

Blues Junior might be worth a look too. Perhaps a Peavey Classic 30 (I think the Laney VC30 is relatively similar and cheaper in the UK) if the BJ isn't loud enough. Or perhaps an Orange Tiny Terror- I don't know how the cleans are, but it's got a 7/15 watt switch if you want to try and quiet it down in the dorm or something.
Last edited by gibsonpenguin at Jul 14, 2008,