Ok, so im like a week away from getting my first guitar and amp. And ive been playin for going on 3 years now. Im pretty good at it, my parents just never bought me one. So i already got the guitar planned out, now just the amp. I was talkin to my friend david and he was telling me the Crate V16 was a good amp, but i learned it was discontinued, gay right? So i started looking around for models like it, and i came to the Crate V18212 2x12 Tube amp. I found it at both Samash.com and Guitarcenter.com and i found that the cheaper price is at samash. So im planning on getting it, but is there anyone out there that has it to give me so info bout it?

that would be really cool, Oh, and here are the links
Crate V18 from SAMASH
Crate V18 from GUITAR CENTER
3 years and you're just now getting a guitar? what were you using to play before, your cat?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

You won't need those big crate amps.

Go for a Roland cube 20X or if you need a bigger one a 60 X
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Quote by VanTheKraut
3 years and you're just now getting a guitar? what were you using to play before, your cat?

wooow
lol no i played at school
my band teacher would always let me play his guitar
and he helped me learn ever Tuesday and Wednesday
and now my parents are just getting me one
Quote by SG310user
You won't need those big crate amps.

Go for a Roland cube 20X or if you need a bigger one a 60 X

eh i need something to pack at punch, something that makes em seem like
"holy **** EARTHQUAKE!!!"lol, plus i need it for when my bands play for our
first gig, i already got it planned and the dates are set,
The V18 is a great little amp. I reccomend it; it's both more toneful and more portable (fewer valves, smaller transformers) than most 2x12" combos in that price range. Congrats on starting out right!
Quote by the.spine.surfs
The V18 is a great little amp. I reccomend it; it's both more toneful and more portable (fewer valves, smaller transformers) than most 2x12" combos in that price range. Congrats on starting out right!

thanks, me and my friend david talk about what to get all the time
and i think im gonna get the one from sam ash, its nearly a hundred
cheaper than the guitarcenter, and thanks for the comments!
$250? Wow. It's only 18 watts but should keep up with a drummer in most cases. It could be mic'd for larger venues. I like those amps and you would be hard pressed to beat that price on any new amp with as much going for it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
the things sound great. I wouldn't get one for gigging purposes though. But great amps to have at home. Of course some people like their low wattage amps to play gigs with. I don't.
It's not that they like low wattage amps to play gigs with, it's that they don't NEED a higher wattage amp for the places they're gigging.

I gig a ton, and I'm still waiting for the chance to kick up my amp past 2.5
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
Last edited by apollo66 at Jul 14, 2008,
HEY GUYS! and thanks for all the comments, Gregs1020, ive been looking at tons of amps, but non this big and cheap, sometimes even more, im going to my samash store this weekend and checking it out for myself, never buy without playin first. If i had a higher budget i would get a full stack, but i dont so boo. Apollo yea we plan on giggin out the anus lol. Once we get settled in and everybody gets there head straight we'll gig. The only place near my house is the Warehouse, and i know tons of people that gig there.