Ok basically i have a couple of q's for y'all :

Recording DVD's right, do u need a special program to burn video to a DVD?

and also

Theres two diff. types the DVD-R and the DVD+R
which do i use when doing it off a computer?

also if the tray says : dvd r/rx it can burn them right?

thanks

tom
dvd-r means they are only recordable once and dvd+r means they can be erased and recorded on again so you can use both it doesnt matter
Quote by GnR_ROK
Words for describing the ladies subtly

Damage - bit of alright
Major damage - bloody fit
Damage has been done - older fit bird
minor damage - fit but you would be arrested for it
collateral damage - ugly bird with fit mates
Aaaah kl i thought tht it was DVD RW tht did tht but no matter.

ill probs by the dvd-r tho but thnx man thts helpful.
Same with the DVD drive thing I'm pretty sure. The r/rx I'd assume means it can write and rewrite to DVD's.
sig goes here
Quote by big fury monkey
dvd-r means they are only recordable once and dvd+r means they can be erased and recorded on again so you can use both it doesnt matter

Totally wrong.

DVD+R and DVD-R are two separate formats. Most of the time you'll find your DVD drive will have one of the two written on it on the front bezel. Go with whatever is written there. If you've got both + and - there, then you are free to use either.
Quote by big fury monkey

Wrong. DVD-R is usually for data, where as DVD+R is usually for Media.
Quote by ugsusheyftef
Your English is annoying

Yes thank you for that it was ever so constructive. I commend you on your wonderful help I really do.
Ok so i checked my dvd drive and it said dvd + rewritable
then it had the dvd symbol with r/rw beneath it

and also on the ummm panel on the front that tells you the specs, it says dvd and it has a + with a - underneath it and then rewritable

so what does this mean??
Ok thanks man ill do that
i was just worried that maybe one would be specifically for like video cameras o something.
ok

sorry to keep on, but my mate gave me this dvd he did and its a dvd-r so im ever so slightly confused now

i just checked it

is the dvd+ the one for me coz of my disk drive??
Quote by darthbuttchin
ok

sorry to keep on, but my mate gave me this dvd he did and its a dvd-r so im ever so slightly confused now

i just checked it

is the dvd+ the one for me coz of my disk drive??

Yes.

Your drive may be able to read DVD-R, but not write to them.
Ok thanks. Much appreciated.

One last question - Ive obtained the video from YouTube, if i burn it all on, will it play continuously or not?

Oh and i dont need a special program/piece of software then?
One last question - Ive obtained the video from YouTube, if i burn it all on, will it play continuously or not?

That depends on what you use to burn it - I'd guess not though. TBH, I couldn't help you with that one, I seldome burn things to disc.

No? (What for?)
ok thankyou for your help.

I only wondered about the program incase it was something special needed for dvd burning is all.

Thanks!
Quote by darthbuttchin
Ok thanks. Much appreciated.

you're going to need to get a program to put it into the correct dvd format to play in a dvd-player. iDVD works really well if you have a mac. if not, just do a search, i think microsoft makes something that can do this.
Get a copy of ConvertXToDvd it works a treat and you can pick if to write it in PAL or NTSC format, and you can add multiple videos to one disk.

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

Quote by darthbuttchin
Yes thank you for that it was ever so constructive. I commend you on your wonderful help I really do.

thank you good sir.