Hi all. My first fred lol

Anyway, im a guitar player, been playing for about 5 years. I recently had a massive urge about 6 months ago to make some electronic music; Much inspired by Radioheads Kid A album.
Does anyone know anything about this genre and how to affectivly go about making it?
My computer has 3 gig of ram, but minus 1 for vista useage lol. And is a PC.

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks.
most will use synths be it a hardware synth or a software synth (VST type stuff)
Sonar Producer has some great synths in it but you will pay for it...haha

hardware synths such as the older Yamaha MOTIF Rack ES (something im looking to get soon myself actually) have fair sounds..

Hardware synths are usually controlled by a MIDI keyboard which can be anything even if its an old cheap unit with MIDI out on board. Or you can go with a new unit with USB connection.

Don't bash vista, I use it in my studio, no problems at all. It's just another OS that everyone needs to get used to. If you plan on getting an interface look into M-Audio.

Also read Tweaks Guide in my sig
Quote by moody07747
most will use synths be it a hardware synth or a software synth (VST type stuff)
Sonar Producer has some great synths in it but you will pay for it...haha

hardware synths such as the older Yamaha MOTIF Rack ES (something im looking to get soon myself actually) have fair sounds..

Hardware synths are usually controlled by a MIDI keyboard which can be anything even if its an old cheap unit with MIDI out on board. Or you can go with a new unit with USB connection.

Don't bash vista, I use it in my studio, no problems at all. It's just another OS that everyone needs to get used to. If you plan on getting an interface look into M-Audio.

Also read Tweaks Guide in my sig

Your site is a real help mate. thanks for that.

I think im going to try and get stuff for free, ie, torrents lol
It's not my site, I just link to it at least twice a day so I put it in my sig so I would not have to copy and paste it so much.

I suggest staying away from Torrents. We here at UG dont promote use of those and its a very picky subject right now...

Software synths can be cheap and most of the stuff you will need is hardware anyways so be prepared to spend some cash.
Trust me, it's better to support the software companies, and it's easier on you in the long run. At least, start with affordable software like Acid Studio or Reaper, and use free/inexpensive software synths. A good magazine is, surprise, Electronic Musician, which always has a feature with a ridiculously cheap yet good software synth.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
I just use FL Studio.

Great build-in synths, very good step sequencer and piano roll.

No midi controller required, just open the program and create.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."