View poll results: Drinking Age
94 26%
198 54%
45 12%
other
27 7%
Voters: 364.
Page 1 of 4
What should the drinking age be, in your opinion? 16, 18, 21 or other? Are teenagers harmed too much by drinking at 16-18? or do you think lowering the drinking age just makes problems worse?
I think it doesnt matter the age really...its a stupid rule...
So i wouldz hav ta say 16
My signature has doubled...
Quote by shreddin_frets
Who cares. We drink anyways.

This.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
it doesnt really matter kids are gonna get hold of drink anyway
"I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked" - Jimi Hendrix
I honestly don't care. There are underage assholes on the streets drinkin' anyway, what does it matter?
I think legally it should be 18 years old. I don't understand why (in the U.S.) you can be a legal independent but you can't drink legally until you're 21.
in countries where drinking is legal from age 12 or so, there is a greatly reduced rate of binge drinking (as in, when the people hit legal age in countries where its like, 21)

therefore, making the legal age 12 would solve a lot of problems actually.
12, that way they can get hammered all they want BEFORE they can drive, and when they're 21 they'll know better and wont wanna drink AS much. Yeah.. like that would work.
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
I think 19 is a good age, that way it keeps alcohol away from the stupid young high school kids and the older college and university people can get legally drink.
Quote by hazzmatazz
I honestly don't care. There are underage assholes on the streets drinkin' anyway, what does it matter?

The police have the power to confiscate alcohol from under agers. Reduce the age limit, and they lose this power.
Quote by saphrax
21 in public places, 18 at home.

Actually, you can drink in your own home at any age, so long as its just you (friends cant drink), on your property, and have consent from a parent.

Legally, of course
18. I think having a smoking age and drinking age at different ages is stupid. I think it's ridiculous you can be in the army and risk your life at 18 and be 21 to drink alcohol.
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
Quote by shreddin_frets
Who cares. We drink anyways.

Shreddin frets ftw
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.
I always passed as 18 ever since I grew a beard, anyway.
I'm a communist. Really.
18. The only people who would vote 16 are people who are 16. Not that it makes much difference anyway, though.
Quote by shreddin_frets
Actually, you can drink in your own home at any age, so long as its just you (friends cant drink), on your property, and have consent from a parent.

Legally, of course

You know what I mean! To buy from an offy!
Quote by CowboyUp
18. The only people who would vote 16 are people who are 16. Not that it makes much difference anyway, though.

some countries have 16, such as germany
well in good ol England you only have to be 18 to buy alcohol, you can drink it at whatever age you want, so you just get people to buy it for you and the police cant do ****.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
In Ontario it's 19 and in Quebec it's 18. I always liked Quebec's laws more -- but I'm not sure I'd let it slip to 17 or 16. But no ****ing way I'd let it inflate to 21....waiting till 21 to go to the bar? that's just retarded
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
I agree with the typical arguments. You can smoke by 18, you can go to war by 18, 18 year olds are already drinking anyway, etc

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
I voted 16 because I live in Austria, where the drinking age for beer and wine (anything below a certain percentage) is 16 and I've seen it work. There is hardly an underage binge drinking problem here (whenever there is a case of some kid drinking himself into hospital it is news, as it is so rare) and most of the 16 year olds drink responsibly.

I didn't pick this age just because it would mean I can legally drink (I'm 17) I picked it because it solves problems. I have only been majorly pished a few times and that was when I was younger, I've grown out of it now as have most of my friends. Conveniently I've grown out of it just as I'm allowed to drive cars and motorcycles (got my motorcycle license a couple weeks ago, hooray me!)

And to all those who say that they don't want kids drinking in their pubs, I totally agree, and this problem has also been solved by the different age limits (18 for anything above a certain percentage). Most pubs won't allow people under 18 just because it solves problems with people having to be ID'd at the bar depending on what drink they're buying. 16 year olds can normally only get into quieter places.
i think if ur old enough to get drafted and killed in a war, u should be able to have a ****ing beer.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
You used to be able to drink at any age as long as you were on your own land. I think it should be like that. Then 18 to drink in public.
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by shreddin_frets

Legally, of course

yea he's right. as long as you are on private property and one of your parents is there, you can drink. But i think it should be 18 for beer and wine, 21 for everything. That's how i think most of Europe has it, seems to be working so far.
here in Portugal to enter in pubs the minimum age is 18, but 12 years old litle girls can enter and drink but if you are a boy with 17 or less you cant enter because they dont let you in. this realy sucks and it's estupid. -.-
Quote by shreddin_frets
He probably passed out and got some suprise buttsecks

Yeah, something like that.

Seriously, most of it tastes nasty and watching your friends drunk is one of the worst experiences in life, when you're sober that is.
what people dont realise is that alcohol affects the body and mind. it does more harm to a teen then a grown adult
Quote by clown phobia
some countries have 16, such as germany

And most southern european countries like Italy.

I think 18's a good minimum age for the purchase of alcohol excluding spirits, which is an entirely different thing than drinking age.

The american way is stupid, there's no point. Why shouldn't responsible adults be able to drink?
Quote by andrew.tran
what people dont realise is that alcohol affects the body and mind. it does more harm to a teen then a grown adult
I'm pretty sure by the time you're 18 your brain is fully developed, but that would be true for younger people.
Quote by Novacane...
Yeah, something like that.

Seriously, most of it tastes nasty and watching your friends drunk is one of the worst experiences in life, when you're sober that is.

Really? I think it's pretty fun

I think it tastes amazing, I can find nothing else that tastes better than straight up Vodka or Whiskey
Page 1 of 4