How do you even get sponsored by a guitar company? Do they hold competitions or something? It seems almost impossible where i live.
2nd member of the "Rock and Roll will never die but if it does,
I'm sure as hell going to bring it back
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
Most of the time, the companies approach you. If not, it helps to have some sort of management to contact the companies.
i think once tou make it big lets say your useing gibson on a tour,i think gibson will ask you to endorse them so then u get free guitars,but im not sure 100% how that works
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
aaww crap thanks
2nd member of the "Rock and Roll will never die but if it does,
I'm sure as hell going to bring it back
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
If you're not in a major band, you'll only get discounts. Don't expect a free guitar arsenal. I recently spoke someone who just mailed his band's demo to Mayones guitars. They made him a great custom guitar for half the price.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Like Slash? Oh wait, he went to them that last time... didn't he already have a signature model?
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
Slash is an exception along with a very few others. Usually if you warrant some kind of fame or reputation then you may be able to acquire guitars at wholesale prices.
If we're talkin' huge brands like Fender and Gibson.
Keep dreaming.
However if your band gets big (country known sorta thing) you may get approached by companies of that country possibly.
Your band doesn't have to be that big to get some sort of deal. You won't be getting anything for nothing though - but you may be able to get stuff at cost on the condition that you only use their guitars or something.
It depends on how much "exposure" you (or your band) gets. Some smaller companies just need proof that you're playing regularly and are featured now and then. Some larger companies wouldn't consider it unless you play specific venues or tour regularly.

The deals those companies make will vary from person to person, and of course again it will be most dependant on how well you (or your band) is known, and how much exposure they'll receive by having you play their product.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
That MattRach on Youtube is sponsored by Fender, I think it was due to all his video exposure with his Telecaster. Not to mention he's quite skilled.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
this band that i liked used to open up for A7X, the guitarist got an endorsment from dean rite b4 the band broke up, and the band wasnt THAT big
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
If you're a small band and you play around a certain town, why not consider getting sponsored by local shops and the likes? Like, throw a Mom & Dad's Music Shop sign on the stage for 30% off or something?
That MattRach on Youtube is sponsored by Fender, I think it was due to all his video exposure with his Telecaster. Not to mention he's quite skilled.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
Quote by Esparko

Why did you say that twice?

But I read on Semour Duncans website that they would be happy to approach a professional guitarists to use their pickups.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
speaking of this topic. is all american reject sponsored by gibson? cause in all their videos all they play are gibson and a occasionally one fender bass.
Theres a band near me thats sponsored by Mesa/Boogie, there not signed or anything, but the bassist has a custom made bass amp. I don't get it
Quote by youreallygotme
Theres a band near me thats sponsored by Mesa/Boogie, there not signed or anything, but the bassist has a custom made bass amp. I don't get it

Are you assuming they're sponsored because he owns a custom amp? Cause not all custom amp owners are sponsored.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Hey mate,
If you want a sponsor you have found the right person to ask, read my signature (2 sponsors)

Well, to break it to you there's not much you can do. Asking for sponsorship doesn't normally work. Just keep playing thoses gigs, play well, practice hard and really put in. If you try hard karma will treat you back. One time we played a gig, we finished, and while we were packing up some random guy walked up to us. He said, you guys play well for your age an we would like to support you. So there ya go we have a sponsor. BUT,
then later in that year we played another gig and the same thing happened, and this guy was from a company that had a good friendship with our first sponsors. They said '' We stand by the decision of '' and would also like to support you to help you on your track to your dreams''
tips:
#1 play hard
#2 practice hard
#3 don't give a **** what anyone thinks just play what you want
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=