Hey everyone.

I'm looking at buying a used Fender Blues Junior from someone I don't know. It's 4 years old and made in the US (rather than Mexico). He says it hasn't been played much particularly in the last 2-3 years.

I'm not quite a beginner and not quite an intermediate player. I have 3 amps right now. A Fender G-DEC which is more of a toy and I use it to practice more timing stuff. I have a Roland Cube 15 which I use for most general types of things and I also have a Traynor of some sort. It's a bit of a beater but I like the reverb so I use it for blues playing now.

So my questions are:

- I love the blues and this seems to be a very well respected amp for blues players. Is it a good choice? I likely will never play a gig with it. Just jam with my buddies and play in my music room setup.

- What sort of things should I be looking for (and listening for) when i go to try it out? Beyond the easily identifiable bad physical condition.

Any tips for me in general? He asking $250 and that seems to be reasonable to me if it's in proper condition

Thanks for your help in advance. The UG community is awesome. Every time I post questions I get pretty quick and thorough responses.
This is probably a little late... but you should play with all the knobs to make sure they don't crackle and should crank the amp as much as you can to make sure the tubes and speakers are ok.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.