Need some suggestions for a monthly magazine on electric guitar playing. Am adding an electric to my stable of acoustics and want to get a middle of the road magazine with no specifics as I like most forms.(blues, rock, rockabilly etc) Please help !!!

Bob J
Total guitar is for n00bs, get guitar world or guitar and bass, a subscription gets free items =D

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

Quote by Logz
total guitar

Total Guitar is made of phail. Get Guitar Techniques.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Logz
No it aint.

In my opinion all it's technique focus is in the wrong areas and it doesn't go into nearly enough theory. GT is much better if you want to learn as many different areas of technique and music as possible.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
In my opinion all it's technique focus is in the wrong areas and it doesn't go into nearly enough theory. GT is much better if you want to learn as many different areas of technique and music as possible.

Ah right.
I bought a magazine a while back, came with a dvd, which was awesome, but i cant remember what it was called
Been away, am back
Quote by Logz
Ah right.
I bought a magazine a while back, came with a dvd, which was awesome, but i cant remember what it was called

What was on the DVD? I might have the same one...

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
i think it might have been guitar world, but the last time i bought it was a good 3 years ago
Been away, am back
Total Guitar is good if you're beginning to play. I find that Guitar Techniques focuses more on advanced techniques where Total Guitar is more of a beginner/intermediate magazine. Just stay away from Guitar World.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Despite what some of you are saying Guitar World has some good things in there. They get some nice columns and lessons in there. Some of the interviews and other things are nice too.

Plus I am able to get it without paying over a $100. Due to me being in the United States I would have to pay over $100 for Total Guitar.

I don't know about Guitar Techniques though.

Anyone every get Guitar Player? I am thinking about subscribing but I don't know. I can't find a magazine at any store to see if it is any good.
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
Despite what some of you are saying Guitar World has some good things in there. They get some nice columns and lessons in there. Some of the interviews and other things are nice too.

Plus I am able to get it without paying over a $100. Due to me being in the United States I would have to pay over $100 for Total Guitar.

I don't know about Guitar Techniques though.

Anyone every get Guitar Player? I am thinking about subscribing but I don't know. I can't find a magazine at any store to see if it is any good.

I get Guitar Player, Its pretty good, Every month it has a sperate column with a band for most genres. Then it has a beginnners lesson area and a masters lesson area, and then it has reviews on some guitars ampps pickups etc. and then it has a little history section at the end. A few other things in between that I dont read too
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by Polystant
I get Guitar Player, Its pretty good, Every month it has a sperate column with a band for most genres. Then it has a beginnners lesson area and a masters lesson area, and then it has reviews on some guitars ampps pickups etc. and then it has a little history section at the end. A few other things in between that I dont read too

I think I'll subscribe then thanks mate

How good is Guitar Edge?
Last edited by Nacho Cheese! at Jul 15, 2008,