up to $300
Genre- Metal, Rammstein/Metallica
Solid State

Any suggestions please help
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Even 15watts is going to be loud for a bedroom amp.

Do you plan on performing or is this strictly for the bedroom?

My suggestion, for $300...

Blackheart Little Giant Head and Cab. Use the rest for an EQ and/or overdrive/distortion pedal.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael

Blackheart Little Giant Head and Cab. Use the rest for an EQ and/or overdrive/distortion pedal.

this is mainly for bedroom practice, with jsut a little bit of playing on the go for friends and at the guitar store, etc.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Line 6 30 watt Spider III. A lot of heavier sounds.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.

Me
Last edited by tyler112493 at Jul 14, 2008,
Quote by Hakael

He said solid state.

15 watts solid state isn't too loud for bedroom practice at all.

And the Blackheart is a tube amp.
Quote by Hakael

ALL ABOARD!

I'd look into a Cube 30 or the like. It has a couple of good models for metal.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
I think the Cube 30 is pretty much your only choice. Better for metal than the Vox AD30VT and I've heard the AD30VT-XL is darn near useless even though it's supposed to be more of a metal amp. (Don't take my word for it, look at how Guitar Center is trying to get rid of them. Selling them for cheaper than the non-XL models even though they were more expensive and the MSRP is higher. At least they were doing that.)
spider III or a cube 30. try them both out
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
Quote by SSL27
ALL ABOARD!

Nice all aboard comment.

I don't bandwagon. I recommended it because I managed to be able to get my hands on one to try it.

And as far as solid state, I missed that requirement, but for less than $300, the Blackheart is one of the better amps he can get.

As for solid state, the only ones I would recommend would be either the Microcube, or the Roland Cube 30 (again, I've owned the 30, and still own the Microcube). If he's got $300 to spend however, why not get the best tone he can get and go tube?

Most people that know me around here, know I detest the "bandwagon" thing.
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
Nice all aboard comment.

I don't bandwagon. I recommended it because I managed to be able to get my hands on one to try it.

And as far as solid state, I missed that requirement, but for less than $300, the Blackheart is one of the better amps he can get.

As for solid state, the only ones I would recommend would be either the Microcube, or the Roland Cube 30 (again, I've owned the 30, and still own the Microcube). If he's got $300 to spend however, why not get the best tone he can get and go tube?

Well, the Blackheart isn't going to do Metal/Rammstein so well though.
Quote by Hakael
Nice all aboard comment.

I'd like to see you play metal on a blackheart.
Quote by Horlicks
I'd like to see you play metal on a blackheart.

Alone, it isn't going to do it.

I HAD mentioned using an overdrive/distortion pedal.
Quote by SSL27
ALL ABOARD!

Touché, +1.

Quote by Hakael
Nice all aboard comment.

Ever tried cranking a 5 watt valve amp in a bedroom? It's far too loud.

And if you're recommending buying an amp for running a distortion pedal.... that's worse, it's a huge waste of money. He could just get a Cube which sounds decent on its own.

Quote by Hakael
Alone, it isn't going to do it.

I HAD mentioned using an overdrive/distortion pedal.

See above.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
You're pushing it even with a distortion. My VJ always sounded mushy in high gain no matter what the source of the distortion; pedals and multieffects of various brands. His best will be a solid state Randall or something along those lines for a straight-ahead, metal amp on a budget
Quote by timi_hendrix
Touché, +1.

I got that from you, so I suppose I should give you credit.
Mitch Hedberg Group

Quote by Irnmaiden4life

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Personally, I thought the BH sounded pretty decent with a pedal. At least in comparison to an unmodded VJ (again, my opinion).

Seen his comment in regards to playing "on the go" so I'll retract and further recommend the Microcube or Cube 30.
i say a cube 30. SS amp will do him best in his needs. a blackheart could pull off metallica, but i don't think Rammstein.

not that the BH is a bad amp, just definitely not what he needs. he'd have to crank it and then OD it more w/ a pedal to get metal, and that's more like 80s metal. and running a dirtbox into it is just redundant.

go cube.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Cube 30.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Shard Heilia
+10

There you go, I fixed it.

But yeah, the Cube 30 is still the best option.
Mitch Hedberg Group

Quote by Irnmaiden4life

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by CrabShrapnel
spider III or a cube 30. try them both out

you're kidding right? A spider is not what I'm looking for, that would be a downgraade, I'm looking for an upgrade, no I dont bandwagon, I've tried it... I've never had a chance to try the Cube but it seems to get good reviews...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

Quote by Hakael

15 watts solid state isn't to much for bedroom practice....

Hmm, metal.... You'll probaly be wanting a marshall? I was going for laney, but marshall is the American kinda metallica sound isn't it? :x

http://ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/marshall/mg30dfx/index.html

How about that? it seems a good amp.... But, don't listen to me as I'm not 100% sure, good luck with choosing though.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
^what the hell....

i second the blackheart notion. whatever matt said....just ignore.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by |Matt Dolan|
15 watts solid state isn't to much for bedroom practice....

Hmm, metal.... You'll probaly be wanting a marshall? I was going for laney, but marshall is the American kinda metallica sound isn't it? :x

http://ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/marshall/mg30dfx/index.html

How about that? it seems a good amp.... But, don't listen to me as I'm not 100% sure, good luck with choosing though.

OMG look @ the shiny logo...lets buy that!!!

and since marshall is a british voiced amp...no
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I know he said SS. I know he plays metal. But I really want to hear a Killer Ant and a Tubescreamer! Van - try a Cube 30, it's probably your best bet meeting your specs.
I love to hear a Killer Ant and a TS as well, but for bedroom low volume practice, the Cube 30 would probably be best.
but can anyone tell me about the lower wattage randall combos?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie