hey well do you think the megs 81/85 would be good for me? if not what do you reccomend? i play acdc Guns N Roses Greenday Blacksabbath and similar
Quote by TheProducer
Before everyone says it:

It's not the pickups.

It's the Marshall MG.

Are you kidding? The MG has CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!!!
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by SupremeACL
Are you kidding? The MG has CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!!!

If you drop it on your foot, yes, it does.
Quote by hawk5211
says the man who is ignorent of what the boss me-50 can do...

Yes, you're right, we should all buy crappy amps and then use a Boss ME-50 to make up for it. That's the best solution.
Quote by TheProducer
Says the man with a Spider AND a Frontman

hahaha

that was good...

but spend money on a decent amp
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by TheProducer
Yes, you're right, we should all buy crappy amps and then use a Boss ME-50 to make up for it. That's the best solution.

you can come to your own conclusions about the Frontman, but with the 12inch speakers it has a very good sound to it. I suggest checking out some of the recordings on my profile. I have compared it 1 on 1 to an MG, and the FM was by far the better amp, and very cheap too.

Besides, its the player not the gear, but if you insist on bashing people becuase of their gear than i suggest you leave.

TS, putting EMG's in a Squier may not be the best plan, as I believe the pickups thelselves are worth more new than the guitar, depending on the country you are in.
Quote by hawk5211
you can come to your own conclusions about the Frontman, but with the 12inch speakers it has a very good sound to it. I suggest checking out some of the recordings on my profile. I have compared it 1 on 1 to an MG, and the FM was by far the better amp, and very cheap too.

Besides, its the player not the gear, but if you insist on bashing people becuase of their gear than i suggest you leave.

TS, putting EMG's in a Squier may not be the best plan, as I believe the pickups thelselves are worth more new than the guitar, depending on the country you are in.

Yes, coming from the guy who said 'MG = male genitals'. It's all fun and games until someone bashes your gear, isn't it?

I'm very happy that your FM sounds better than an MG. This proves nothing. One lousy amp sounds better than the other. Great.

And 12" speakers don't magically make great tone, just so you know.
Quote by TheProducer
Yes, coming from the guy who said 'MG = male genitals'. It's all fun and games until someone bashes your gear, isn't it?

I'm very happy that your FM sounds better than an MG. This proves nothing. One lousy amp sounds better than the other. Great.

And 12" speakers don't magically make great tone, just so you know.

true, 12's arent the whole thing, but compared to the 8" in a MG of that size, there is a considerable difference.

My personal opinion of MG's is that they have little in the way of clean tones, and are far overpriced for what they do. The FM, for me, provides me with an indesatructable amp, which I got for about $250. Fair in my mind. When it comes time for me to get a new amp, i'm going to go all the way, and probably end up with a vibroverb, or super reverb. I figured that compromising with a $250 amp was a better decision than compromising on an amp that I want to keep for a good 20 years.
Quote by hawk5211
true, 12's arent the whole thing, but compared to the 8" in a MG of that size, there is a considerable difference.

My personal opinion of MG's is that they have little in the way of clean tones, and are far overpriced for what they do. The FM, for me, provides me with an indesatructable amp, which I got for about $250. Fair in my mind. When it comes time for me to get a new amp, i'm going to go all the way, and probably end up with a vibroverb, or super reverb. I figured that compromising with a $250 amp was a better decision than compromising on an amp that I want to keep for a good 20 years.

Right, right, don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the MG either. I'm also aware that if you're using amp models and such the choice of amp matters less since you're pretty much using it as a PA at that point anyways. I was just talking amp vs. amp.

Anyways, haha, what was the TS's question again? Oh, new pickups. Well, all amp-bashing aside, the point is that you are NOT going to hear a difference with new pickups on that amp. We're not trying to attack your amp, but rather save you from spending money that won't help you at all.
lol yeah i know im gonna buy a vox ad50vt soon. and not for the squire just wanted to know lol
Quote by TheProducer

If you drop it on your foot, yes, it does.

lol... that is full of wins right there :p

... MEGS? Oh, you mean EMG?
No... They are more of metal pickup. I mean REALLY metal! If you want to sound like Slash, any Seymour duncan medium output would work just fine... his sound coming from the amp.. well, mostly.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by nithin74
lol yeah i know im gonna buy a vox ad50vt soon. and not for the squire just wanted to know lol

Hmm, well I have the AD30VT and I'm still not so convinced that I would invest in new pickups myself for my Strat--even though the build quality of my humbucker is quite disappointing.
Ugh... Another one of these threads.

How about the classic JB/'59 set? That should do what you want it to, but your amp will probably hold you back.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
yeah i mean said that im gonna changa the amp and not for this guitar just to know

producer ur an idol lol
Quote by nithin74
yeah i mean said that im gonna changa the amp and not for this guitar just to know

producer ur an idol lol

Haha, thanks, bro.

I suggest you just try whatever stock pickups you've got (or are getting in your new guitar) with the AD50VT. Solid amp but I'm not entirely sure new pickups would be worth it with this amp either. You most likely will find that you won't even want/need them.
Quote by TheProducer
Hmm, well I have the AD30VT and I'm still not so convinced that I would invest in new pickups myself for my Strat--even though the build quality of my humbucker is quite disappointing.

What he said ^

I was talked out of new pups for my Strat too until I got a better amp.

amp > pups

usually, but not always.
Quote by kckyle
producer you are by far the funniest person on this forum lol. i'm so sigging this whole agurment(the funny parts)

I'll take that as a compliment

Just so you know, SupremeACL was kidding when he said it had crushing overdrive He knows it doesn't.
I never would have thought that this thread will be so amusing.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Quote by RoamingConflict
I never would have thought that this thread will be so amusing.

I would have never thought that I'd earn two sigs out of it. I've been called an idol and hilarious. What a day
hey well anyway and what would a good bridge pick up be for my squire for the music i play(first post). AND I AM GOING TO BUY A VOX AD50VT SO NO COMMENTS ON CHANGE UR AMP OR NOTHING LIKE THAT. got it?