Can someone tell me what I need to do this. Like what kinda pickups, neck, body, paint,ect.
here's the guitar..
http://www.fender.com/lenny/
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
theres a legitimate copy for sale... just buy that since you seem to want a exact replica ., and that is as close to quality as youll get
Quote by pepsi1187
theres a legitimate copy for sale... just buy that since you seem to want a exact replica ., and that is as close to quality as youll get

Where is it for sale?

edit: don't tell me there is one for sale if you are not going to tell me where it is for sale and how much it is. And if it's the replica that Fender did, then that is waaay too much.
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
Last edited by zaffie8808 at Jul 14, 2008,
Anyone??
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
I think he used Texas Special pickups, but my guess is you'll find all those answers on google.
You won't be able to buy a Lenny body, neck, etc etc etc.
You'll need to get a mahogany (I believe that's the Lenny wood, not 100% though.) strat body (or make one) and inlay it with the Mandolin style crest (also need to make) get/make a 21 fret maple neck, burn it with a cigarette at the top, lacquer the body and you'll be a shooin...though of course if you don't want it reliced, dont' relic it
For the inlay I think you could buy some kind of small piece of mahogany, then make the emblem then just glue it or something. Sometimes you just need to use your own imagination.
Quote by zaffie8808
Where is it for sale?

edit: don't tell me there is one for sale if you are not going to tell me where it is for sale and how much it is. And if it's the replica that Fender did, then that is waaay too much.

its on the menu bar of the site you posted. "avalible at over 200 guitar centers nation wide"

it may not be cheaper in the long run to try to build your own. do some research. if you try to relic a guitar, which is a way of speed wearing it, you could ruin it then need to invest the time(which is usually an unaccounted for cost) into building yet another body/neck. if you want a replica, and it to look like a true replica, i'd recommend buying the fender one.
Quote by chris024
its on the menu bar of the site you posted. "avalible at over 200 guitar centers nation wide"

it may not be cheaper in the long run to try to build your own. do some research. if you try to relic a guitar, which is a way of speed wearing it, you could ruin it then need to invest the time(which is usually an unaccounted for cost) into building yet another body/neck. if you want a replica, and it to look like a true replica, i'd recommend buying the fender one.

I've built a Monterey Stratocaster and it looks and sounds great so Im not going to pay a ton of money when I know what Im doing.

Oh and they don't have it in any guitar centers around here.
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
remember lenny was routed for 3 humbuckers so there was less resonance of the guitar body so the sound was thinner than a standard strat
Quote by nightraven
texas specials i'd assume, it's close enough. his neck was maple and the profile was quite thick i seem to remember, did he also have the obscure D thing on this? it was strung with light gauge strings, 11s i think. go for a nitro finish for the paint. i have no idea about the wood.
http://srvguitar.com/
go here to get the stickers. this place also has ideas for relicing which you should check out if you wanna relic it.
plan on taking a lot of time in doing the mandolin inlay behind the bridge.

i wouldnt call .11's light guage!!

i thought SRV used .13's?? tuned half step down?
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

I'm %90 sure SRV used .13 pure nickels.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
^on Number One. Somewhere, i don't remember where, he Lenny had lighter strings and only 3 springs. And Lenny had weaker stock pickups
XBL Gamertag: toasty10
I still need help with the body?? Any ideas?
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
yeah im sure he used .13s too, also heard some reports of .14s but i didnt know they existed?
Quote by Entrant_21
yeah im sure he used .13s too, also heard some reports of .14s but i didnt know they existed?

They exist alright. I believe D'addario makes some.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Im not really stressing over what strings he had in lenny, right now all I care about is the body. So if someone could help me with that, it would be great!
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
Strings don't matter right now, all I care about is the body.
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
it's alder (probably, if it's not, it's ash), with a worn in red finish.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
And don't bother with fender pickups - if you really want accurate replicas, drop CorduroyEW a line and inquire about them, he'll be able to wind you a set of Lenny-replica pickups if you're after them. I have some of Cord's pickups, they're brilliant.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Lenny originally was a 1963 stratocaster that was originally painted sunburst but it was sanded down and super contoured then paint brom and afiixiated with the standar d SRV modifications hence the neck profile is slightly filed and the pickups are different and are hand wired with no solder also don't forget the decals
I have seen the original Lenny (don't ask how) and when applying the red/brown color, you have to make an area around the lower horn nitro black. It was from the original sunburst. See the fender website for pics. and beat that black up a bit, when I saw it, there were some serious dents. I could see the wood in small scratches.
DIO FOREVER