Whenever i turn off my Laney VC15, i turn down all the volume controls as the manual tells you to. But still the amp makes a loud 'pop' sound when it shuts off. Now, I haven't had any problems with the amp, but i've heard this isn't a good sign. Is it a bad thing in the long run?
BUMP cmon, i posted this nearly an hour ago. please, someone answer.
how can it be that a thread titled 'guitar picks' has 96 views and my thread has 2
it could be the electrics on the guitar, often times old or abused elctrics cause that kind of sounds. try the guitar on another amp and see if it goes away, if not, I'd say you have 2 options

Take amp to local store, get repaired

Buy new amp
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
it could be the electrics on the guitar, often times old or abused elctrics cause that kind of sounds. try the guitar on another amp and see if it goes away, if not, I'd say you have 2 options

Take amp to local store, get repaired

Buy new amp

I don't know the answer, but the guitar clearly has nothing to do with this.
Quote by TheProducer
I don't know the answer, but the guitar clearly has nothing to do with this.

No it doesn't, my guitar wasn't plugged in and the circuit breaker button was pressed in on my lead.
It's probably the capacitors draining, which is completely normal. You should try taking it in and getting it checked out just to make sure though.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
my line 6 75 does the same thing when i turn it on. its a loud ass pop as soon as i hit the on switch. its very annoying, especially if i want to play on low volumes late at night, i get a loud pop that wakes every one up. lmao im sellin it
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by bjovi400
my line 6 75 does the same thing when i turn it on. its a loud ass pop as soon as i hit the on switch. its very annoying, especially if i want to play on low volumes late at night, i get a loud pop that wakes every one up. lmao im sellin it

His is a tube amp though. It's an entirely different issue.
First - don't go bumping after 20 bloody minutes. This ain't irc.

Second - try turning the amp to standby for a minute or so (unplug the guitar, put it away, whatever) and turning power off. That works for me, no pop - if I turn the power down straight away I get a pop.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
First - don't go bumping after 20 bloody minutes. This ain't irc.

Second - try turning the amp to standby for a minute or so (unplug the guitar, put it away, whatever) and turning power off. That works for me, no pop - if I turn the power down straight away I get a pop.

Psss.... No standby on that amp Fama
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Its normal, to prevent it you would have to install a standby switch...

This.

As long as it's not loud enough to blow your speaker I wouldn't worry.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Psss.... No standby on that amp Fama

When I posted there weren't any replies (I opened up a lot of threads and read them first). Then I tried googling for whether it had or not, I thought it might not. Oh well
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.