Hi, when I try to fix the intonation on my SG, the A and D strings will never go in tune when played at the 12th fret. This problem is very frustrating when I try to play solo's because it sounds really badly out of tune. I'm using 10 gauge strings if this makes any difference.

Is there anyway to fix this????

If anybody could help it would be awesome,

Cheers
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
my guess is it is either your strings unless you have changed them, or most likely you need anew neck
Quote by syyz1
I'm on my period, wearing no sort of protection, naked on a white chair

Quote by *Juno*
I put my balls inside the sound hole and strummed myself to ectasy

Quote by °☻°
I like it hairy, that way i can play welcome to the jungle while i have sex!
I have changed my strings recently. There is no more space left to adjust the intonation which is slightly confusing.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Dang... My friend has the G400 SG. He likes it a lot, I hope he doesn't run into this problem
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
i stiill say its the neck/fret board
Quote by syyz1
I'm on my period, wearing no sort of protection, naked on a white chair

Quote by *Juno*
I put my balls inside the sound hole and strummed myself to ectasy

Quote by °☻°
I like it hairy, that way i can play welcome to the jungle while i have sex!
i say take it to a professional (local shop or something) and see if they can help you.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
If the saddles are at the limits of their adjustment and still cant intonate then the neck may have not been set right. Not that epi would ever do such a thing. I had to sand the heel of the neck on my LP 100 to get it to intonate. Bit hard to do with a set neck. The gotoh bridge has more intonation adjustment than the regular TOM bridge. You can try that. This is one of the reasons epis can be hit or miss on being a good playing guitar.
I've seen a video where Dan Erlewine mods a tonepros so the bridge intonates correctly.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
My guitar used to be the same. Try getting the neck 100% straight and messing with the action, you can probably manage to get perfect intonation.
Thanks for the replies guys, I am going to take it to my local guitar shop soon to have a look at it.

Quote by oneblackened
I've seen a video where Dan Erlewine mods a tonepros so the bridge intonates correctly.

Is this video available on YouTube?

Cheers
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Dang... My friend has the G400 SG. He likes it a lot, I hope he doesn't run into this problem

(this is what we call spam)^

i think to i'ts the neck/fretboard
MY GEAR
Gibson:SG special faded
Behringer:???
Behringer:V-tone GM108
Laney:TF400
Drums:Trax
Dunlop:Crybaby
Quote by sgboy666
Thanks for the replies guys, I am going to take it to my local guitar shop soon to have a look at it.

Is this video available on YouTube?

Cheers

It might be.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.