Page 1 of 2
...although the pit can't be serious but I'll try.

So, the summer is here and I want to get a nice tan until school starts again. However, when I'm sunbathing it's enough with 30 mins and then I'm all RED! I'm using sun lotion 30 (very high) still I get red rather than brown. How come? How can I get a nice tan (not any sh!t creames or solarium, just the simple sun) when I get all red?

GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Sit out for 15 minutes instead of 30.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Quote by Glimsom

Does that really help? Well I'll try it anyways
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
some people dont tan, some people just burn, peel, and turn white again...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by bi-ah!
some people dont tan, some people just burn, peel, and turn white again...

I certainly hope I'm not one of those..
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
are you from ireland?

no seriously, it has alot to do with the skind type. people with red or blond hair don't tan easy, whereas dark haired people do

Quote by CoreysMonster
are you from ireland?

no seriously, it has alot to do with the skind type. people with red or blond hair don't tan easy, whereas dark haired people do

My hair is really blond

I don't care if it's gonna be hard, I just want a little nice tan
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Still, I thought that sun lotion was made so people would not burn their skin..?
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
You can't tan... I normally burn, turn brown, turn white again within a month. Can't hold a tan worth a crap.
i hear Cuprinol fence spray works rather well to get a tan, try it out and show us the results.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by ViperScale
You can't tan... I normally burn, turn brown, turn white again within a month. Can't hold a tan worth a crap.

Sometimes I burn, next day it looks brown... then burn again etc until summer ends and I'll be white again

It's s unfair, one of my mates just plays computer but he's REALLY brwon after being in the sun a couple of hours...
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
Just don't tan... Because it's bad for your skin and doesn't help your appearance all too much.

/Fact-based opinion

Well a tan is much more nicer than pale skin..
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
on a slightly more serious note, you should probably give it up if you keep burning yourself, and it aint even that good for you anyway, skin cancers not the coolest of things
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
^Yeah well, I'll try shorter intervals as somebody mentioned, if I still get red I'll keep my sweater on all summer.

GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by Glimsom

Yup.

you may not notice right away, but do it for a week and you should see some change
Quote by fila_93
Well a tan is much nicer than pale skin..

Fixed.

And that's opinion, I love pale-skinned girls. I also love girls that are a little darker, but I'd prefer it to be a naturally tanned skintone.
if you're going to do something as stupid as sunbathing, you should only do it in small intervals (5-15 minutes) at a time. the idea is to gradually build a tan, not burn yourself. either way it's retarded - most of the time i think tanned people look ridiculous, not hot. i'll quite happily stay pale thanks.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by divid3d
if you're going to do something as stupid as sunbathing, you should only do it in small intervals (5-15 minutes) at a time. the idea is to gradually build a tan, not burn yourself. either way it's retarded - most of the time i think tanned people look ridiculous, not hot. i'll quite happily stay pale thanks.

^ This is my kind o' girl

As good-looking as some naturally darker people are, I'll always prefer pale.
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
Just don't tan... Because it's bad for your skin and doesn't help your appearance all too much.

/Fact-based opinion

If you lift weights, a tan will show your muscles more.
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
B.C. Rich Rich Bich Platinum
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
TIP: DON'T TAN.

It isn't good for you.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR

"ur a fag if you don't pronounce the lightning bolt in ac/dc"

touche. who wuzzit?

Quote by lookie here
OMG! smile_man, that was amazing.
But when I'll get back to school, I will be all pale while my friends and all the hot chicks will be tanned...
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by KOL40
If you lift weights, a tan will show your muscles more.

I do martial arts, because weight-lifting can (not necessarily will) be bad for you long term. And I'm perfectly happy with how much my muscles show

Quote by fila_93
But when I'll get back to school, I will be all pale while my friends and all the hot chicks will be tanned...

Wow, lamest post ever. Most of the "hot chicks" aren't that hot, because they ruin their appearance with tanning and way too much make-up. Also, they generally are way to aesthetically focused to have a whole lot of depth to them.

May I ask why you want to look like other people? Let alone other people who use stupid things like tanning to be "attractive"?
Last edited by Fate_of_Mind at Jul 14, 2008,
What I do is just lather on Aloe Vera gel after sitting in the sun for awhile. Put a good amount on every 20 minutes or so after you come in.

Right now I'm the darkest I've ever been in my life. I used to either burn hardcore or don't change color at all, but the Aloe Vera is working magic.
^that's a little too tanned

I think pale girls are cuter than tanned, or well it depends, but I think most girls like tanned guys rather than paled.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I do martial arts, because weight-lifting can (not necessarily will) be bad for you long term. And I'm perfectly happy with how much my muscles show

Yeah, i already feel that. I'm 20 and been lifting for three years. It's easier for soreness of joints to set in, especially if you don't have good form or learn right (in the beginning).
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
B.C. Rich Rich Bich Platinum
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
Quote by divid3d
get a tan... be cool like these guys:

See the thing about you posting all these pictures is that I could find a couple pictures with a bunch of pale dudes looking like morons too. What exactly is your point?
Quote by divid3d

don't you just wanna tap that?

He looks so unhappy!

Anyways, I'm naturally tan, and let me tell you, your natural skin tone works best for you...unless you're an albino...just don't tan too much.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Last edited by Soul Power at Jul 14, 2008,
Quote by wilty00
See the thing about you posting all these pictures is that I could find a couple pictures with a bunch of pale dudes looking like morons too. What exactly is your point?

it's just funny to laugh at people who think they are making themselves hotter by sunbathing/using fake tan, but who are actually just making themselves look like douchebags.

i guess my point is that a tan doesn't necessarily make you look any more attractive than how you are naturally. it's a completely unnecessary to do such damage to your skin. just be happy with yourself for who you are.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by KOL40
Yeah, i already feel that. I'm 20 and been lifting for three years. It's easier for soreness of joints to set in, especially if you don't have good form or learn right (in the beginning).

Yeahh, I've taken Go Ju Ryu Karate Do for 6 years (stopped going to to the academy a little while ago) and it's probably done good for my joints, as well as muscles. I still practice it in my spare time, and I'm starting up in MMA this year.

Quote by wilty00

I'd assume that the point is that tanning is a trend people have started because they think it looks good, and cool. These are examples (albeit extreme) of what can come of this. There are some people who tan tastefully, and it doesn't look disgusting... But I can't say anybody I've ever seen looks any better with a tan.

So why would you go out and do something that damages your skin, without improving your appearance (that much even, at the very least), and can even degrade your appearance if done wrong?
Quote by divid3d

don't you just wanna tap that?

LOL the guys face is hilarious, he looks like he's gonna be sick!
i've got a solution for looking better when pale: hang around with overtanned douches, you'll look awesome in comparison

from daylight...
...into darkness
The pit always makes me feel good!
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Now I'll take my second (and last) problem with my look.

Under my eye, it's like a big black ring and a "bag" or what they call it that won't ever gtfo. It's just there. How should I tell this to gtfo?
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Page 1 of 2