ah! i broke my dads friends snare drum and if i dont fix it im gunna get rammed!

It's an older drum. The snares are held by a string that goes in a loop and is hold really tight by a metal thing. HOW TO FIX!?!?! i have no clue only one side is off. The side opposite of the one that controls whether they're on or off.
Lmao rammed? is your dad a sheep?
Quote by DaliLama
Go to a friend and say "what the difference between soda and your soda?............(pause).............sperm!" Then you start masturbating furiously into their can

My gear
ESP EC1000fr
Marshall 1960a
Peavy 6505
can you take pictures?
I can't quite see what you mean
I'm the one who has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to.
-Jimi Hendrix
Gaffa tape ftw.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by sgboy666
Gaffa tape ftw.

read the sig
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
read the sig

Brilliant!

But TS, we need a pic to see what you actually mean.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
no idea what you're trying to say...
Did you just disengage it?
Quote by glm
I love you for saying that.

after I said "if the Governator could do it; so can Mr. Colbert"
Quote by Stratocaster88
ah! i broke my dads friends snare drum and if i dont fix it im gunna get rammed!

It's an older drum. The snares are held by a string that goes in a loop and is hold really tight by a metal thing. HOW TO FIX!?!?! i have no clue only one side is off. The side opposite of the one that controls whether they're on or off.

image?

brand and any info of the snare drum?

I use e-drums mostly but its quite simple to look out an acoustic is put together and fix it IMO...

see this video for an idea on how things go together on the snare...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPWY3vEunfI

I had a better video but I cant find it.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 14, 2008,
1. Get anti rape device
2. stick it in your pooper
3.?????
4.PROFIT!
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
You could just leave it where it was and let him assume HE broke it
I'm the one who has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to.
-Jimi Hendrix
I really got the wrong idea for help! I'm gunna get rammed!

but apparently it wasn't just me....

And as for the drum, pics in this situation are a necessity seeing as how its not described the best :P
i believe what i mean is that the snare strings are broke. do i need a whole new string? is there anything else i can use instead? could i loosen out a little more string and still use the same string?

Oh and the whole set is a 1989 Pearl Export Series. so im guessing a 1989 Pearl snare drum?
Last edited by Stratocaster88 at Jul 14, 2008,
Okay you should see probably two screws going into a metal apparatus coming out of the side of the drum, (This is the side opposite the throwoff, the latch you described.) You'll need to loosen these screws and feed each end of the string down in between the metal pieces of the apparatus. If you have any mechanical inclination at all it should be fairly self-explanatory. Though honestly I don't think the drummer will be mad at all, those strings break all the time, and if he knows what he's doing he'll have no problem fixing it. If your dad gets pissed off at you tell him to **** off because those things are super easy to fix and when the string breaks its usually a piece of **** and bound to break anyways. Hopefully I was of some help.
Woot smart man. Break a drum so you go post in the most unless forum on a guitar website.
We don't know without pics
-Jimi Hendrix
well mabey you should just stop being worthless and go buy your dad a replacement set of heads like some nice remo pinstripes. even if he is mad when it first happens if you took some action after you did it he might not be as mad.
If the snare strings broke yes you will need a new string, unless it was a really long string and whats left is long enough. Sometimes you can use heavy duty fishing line or a thin shoe lace but your best bet is to try to find another string.
how long does the string have to be? or could i just tighten something to compensate if it's too long?

oh and Callicut knows what im talking about. I salute you, sir

and i didn't break one of the snare wires. just the strings that hold it tightly so that the snares are on or off.
Last edited by Stratocaster88 at Jul 14, 2008,
Guard your ass, son.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
That's **** luck. That's happened to me before, this is what you need http://www.gibraltarhardware.com/index.cfm?fa=partsmain&curcat=2&bnd=11&cid=102&sid=452&pid=1519. Although I fixed it, the drum never sounded the same

Edit: Sorry, I though you meant something else. If you've just snapped one of the strings on the snare you shouldn't worry much, just cut it off. He will most likely not be able to tell the difference.

EDIT2: I'm seriously ****ing confused, we need a picture.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR

"ur a fag if you don't pronounce the lightning bolt in ac/dc"

touche. who wuzzit?

Quote by lookie here
OMG! smile_man, that was amazing.
Last edited by smile_man at Jul 14, 2008,
Quote by moody07747
you cant replace a single string in the set of wires...they are welded at each bracket on the sides...

didn't break a wire man. just one of the strings that are part of the strainer. but on the side without the strainer. the strings that hold the wires.
keep your bumhole tight
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Okay let me explain this totally step by step and you will know yourself if the string is long enough.
1. Flip the drum upside down and look at the side of the shell opposite the throwoff ( the latch that turns the snares on and off).
2. You will find a flat thin piece of metal protruding from the shell. There will be two screws in this piece of metal feeding into another small piece of metal behind it.
3. Look at the snare wires at the end there will be two holes that the string feeds through. The string then goes through an opening in the rim down towards the apparatus previously described.
The string must be long enough to feed through that opening in the rim down through the two pieces of metal held with the screws.
Tell me if you understand then we can go from there.
Ah ****. But you do know how to fix it correct? I mean its really not that hard. Seriously whoever it is will probably laugh it off and just be happy you even tried to fix it. It really isn't a serious matter. Good Luck bud.
Just hope he doesn't ram you with DIE FIST!!!
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
No problem man. I'm actually a drummer, I just like these forums because you don't necessarily have to talk about guitar, and its the only musically oriented place with instant response and a wide range of topics. Hopefully you'll be fine though, like I said its not a big deal.
Quote by Iceman729
Lmao rammed? is your dad a sheep?