So I bought new tubes for my Peavey VK 112 and installed them I'm still having the same problems I had before which are: Buzzing and no volume at all. When my amp is turned on the power tubes seem to be heating up fine but the preamp tubes don't even seem like their even lighting up. Can anyone give any insight on what the problem may be and how to fix it?
Sure you dont have anything plugged into the effects loop that might be causing it, i've had some wierd things happen like that... Other then that if you replaced the tubes and it still aint working its time to take it into a tech...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 14, 2008,
everything is in place and im 99.9 percent sure.
Every one of the preamp tubes aren't lighting up but barely seem to be heating up.
Quote by avALanchE1507
everything is in place and im 99.9 percent sure.
Every one of the preamp tubes aren't lighting up but barely seem to be heating up.

Did you replace the power amps and pre amps or just the power amps.. The should all be lighting up...
Yes, I had the problem before and I thought it would be the tubes considering the stock ones had been in there since i had bought the amp. Maybe there is something wrong with the pre-amp?