somebody is selling me a Gibson Les Paul Studio with P90's for £380.
he just dropped it round for me to play, and my oh my, its gorgeous.

(sorry for size.)
its had a few knocks and bruises, but it plays like a dream and sounds just fantastic. especially played clean. add to that, i've wanted a Les Paul for ages now. a real one, not an Epi.

but, i also really like the LTD MH-250QMNT which is selling for around the same price, give or take 20 quid.

for reference, i play mostly everything (i go to alot of jam nights) from Blues and Funk to hardcore metal and heavy rock.

so, in your opinion what should i do!!?

tl;dr - Gibson Les Paul Studio w/P90's VS LTD MH250QMNT
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
if if plays like a dream then keep it, keep in mind not all gibson plays the same. some are better then other, and by your description you got a good one.
I've never seen a studio with P90's and i don't really like P90's much, because they're not heavy enough.
But if it is real good and you like it then it seems like a good deal.
thanks Kyle, its a tough call, i need the money for other things too, new computer etc.
it does play very nicely, low action already with no set up from me. and obviously sustains like a motherfudger.
but it does need some work, mainly electronics.

hmm... still on the fence
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by slashrock94
I've never seen a studio with P90's and i don't really like P90's much, because they're not heavy enough.
But if it is real good and you like it then it seems like a good deal.

thanks, i personally have a thing for soapbars myself, especially for the blues stuff.
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
Nice guitar...

BTW, what's that switch in the place of the volume knob?

Answering your question:

You got a great deal, and if the guitar plays as good as you say, you should get it. Really.
Quote by JRC7391
Nice guitar...

Answering your question:

You got a great deal, and if the guitar plays as good as you say, you should get it. Really.

its a volume control, just missing its knob.
I've thought about it and I'm pretty convinced its a good deal.
i daresay i'll buy it.
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
Quote by JRC7391
Nice guitar...

Most likely a volume knob, but without the plastic dome.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Martin Scott
Yeah, go for the Gibson, man. Looks like a beaut, and you rarely get such a good deal on one of them. **** the other guitar.

haha true that man. thanks alot.

btw i found out from the serial number its a '96 model, so, 12 years old.
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0