Basicly I`m looking for a 2 channel, tube 15 - 30 watt amp to just play around the house and with friends, ect. I play mostly stuff by joe satriani as well as classic rock with some blues. My budget is $400. Anyone got any ideas?
15-30 watts is enough for a gigging amp. But I don't think there's going to be many tube options under $400.
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
How loud is tube compared to SS? its around 2.5 times louder right?

Correct.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by slashrock94
15-30 watts is enough for a gigging amp. But I don't think there's going to be many tube options under $400.

If he wants to play with friends, 15W is almost essential, assuming there is drumming involved.

TS, look into the Blackheart BH15-112 combo.

It's single channel, but I think it's worth looking at.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
How loud is tube compared to SS? its around 2.5 times louder right?

A watt is a watt. One isn't louder than the other at the same wattage.
The tube amp should sound better an thus "seem" louder at the same volume levels.
Quote by 667
A watt is a watt. One isn't louder than the other at the same wattage.
The tube amp should sound better an thus "seem" louder at the same volume levels.

You don't know **** stfu, tube amps have more volume per Watt, and another boosted "stereo" like affect making the sound more full and around you, making it seem a lot louder as well.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by DSchmitty
You don't know **** stfu, tube amps have more volume per Watt, and another boosted "stereo" like affect making the sound more full and around you, making it seem a lot louder as well.

Miserable fail.
Quote by 667
Miserable fail.

Not rly.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by DSchmitty

No they don't.

A watt is as loud as a watt, no matter tube amp or solid state. It's just that that tube amps seems to sound louder. In theory they aren't louder than solid states. In practice, they are.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by DSchmitty
Not rly.

Ok, you got me. I meant Epic failure.
Quote by DSchmitty

Fail.

Quote by IbanezPsycho
Both amps will db the same at any given volume range. Its the way our ears preceive harmonics that makes the tube amps sound so much louder...

This guy has it right.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.