Im thinking about upgrading my old Mega Amp 30w to a more powerful amp with more settings and effects. I like the Roland because of the Amp Modeling sounds, but I was told that the Line 6 Spider III 120w was only $40 more for that much more power and there are a lot of preset effects. Now, I havent been able to try out this amp yet, but I want a amp that has crisp-authentic effects like the Cube 60. Does the Spider have the same effects/amp modeling features as the Cube and are they better/worse etc. If the Spider has crap effects then I should just go with the smaller wattage Cube because im all about how it sounds, not how loud it goes.
I have a spider.
Imagine what an amp built by Hellen Keller would sound like on a uber-kvlt black metal setting. THAT is Spider Amp
Cube FTW

^Nope.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Jul 14, 2008,
I'd go for the cube, I have cube60 and I also once had A line6 spider II 30 comparing those two the cube smashed my head with it's sounds.

So Cube FTW +1
鋼の錬金術師
Quote by Shard Heilia
I'd definitely go for the Spider.

In the words of Master Yoda...

"That is why you fail."

TS, don't touch the Spider with a 10 foot bargepole, the Cube wins by a mile.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Cube, my friend has one it kicks.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by steven seagull
In the words of Master Yoda...

"That is why you fail."

TS, don't touch the Spider with a 10 foot bargepole, the Cube wins by a mile.

I thouht it was: "Why you fail, this is"

oh nevermind

Do the cube
Definitely go for the cube, you won't hate yourself for buying it in six months.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
If you want better sound, go for cube. If you want useles loud amp with bad sound, you can go for spider. but you can tell your budget and sort of music you'll play and we'll give you some more reccomendations...
please no spider, no more! Terrible amps, I cant believe that actually buy them in the world, I tried one for 5 minutes becasue, everyone said they sucked balls and I wanted to see. 5 minutes was all it took.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

don't listen to them. spiders are great amps. i have one and i love it. it has good effects, good distortion, and good presets. i've uesd mine for small gigs and it works great, though the footswitch is a must. don't buy the cube, get a spider.
Play your guitar.
Quote by dean_4_life
don't listen to them. spiders are great amps. i have one and i love it. it has good effects, good distortion, and good presets. i've uesd mine for small gigs and it works great, though the footswitch is a must. don't buy the cube, get a spider.

Says the Dean fan...
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
So a 120 watt amp is only 40 bucks more than a 60. Think about that for a second 40 bucks for twice the power must be a reason the spider is cheaper. You will find most on this site will tell you the spider amps dont sound very good and electrically are not very reliable. The others who say its a great amp are tone deaf. Your not going to get any sort of decent 120 watt amp for that kind of cash.
Quote by dean_4_life

If I was a mod I would ban you until you developed an ear for tone. Good distortion? Not at all, it sounds digital and fizzy.

Quote by Tackleberry
So a 120 watt amp is only 40 bucks more than a 60. Think about that for a second 40 bucks for twice the power must be a reason the spider is cheaper. You will find most on this site will tell you the spider amps dont sound very good and electrically are not very reliable. The others who say its a great amp are tone deaf. Your not going to get any sort of decent 120 watt amp for that kind of cash.

+1
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.