so ive been looking for a new amp lately and i have narowed it down to the Bugera 6260-212 and the Carvin V3212. But what I can't really figure out is... can it do heavy metal/ metal core/ dearth metal? I'm looking for something that can do Metalcore, Deathcore, Grind, and Heavy Rock. I'm talking about the more scooped and heavy-as-f*#& tones that you get from bands like Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, All That Remains, As Blood Runs Black, All Shall Perish, August Burns Red, Bloodjinn, Darkest Hour, Demon Hunter, It Dies Today... Can it do stuff like that? and for that matter can the bugera do that either? Which would be better? any other sugestions would be appreciated.
Last edited by Ben12321 at Jul 15, 2008,
I believe the bugera can do metal very well, just make sure if you buy one it has a garentee, as some people have been experiencing problems with them. They are killer sounding amps for sure, you just gotta be careful you dont get a dud.
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Bugera's are great sounding amps but they are built with crap components making them highly unreliable. I would go with the Carvin because i have only heard good things about their sound and reliabilty.
Guitars:
Dean DOA ML 04 #31/50 w/ Dimarzios
Dean ML Knight w/ EMG's
Dean Avalanche w/ EMG's
Jackson DXMGT w/ EMG's
Ibanez RG350M w/ Dimarzios
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzios
Ibanez V Blade w/ Dimarzios
Amps:
Marshall 8100 w/ Marshall Cab
I'm not 100% sure whether the Carvin can achieve those kind of tones, but I know the Bugera can.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.