Hmm, I'm kinda confused which multi effects pedal to get, either the Zoom G2 or the line 6 pocket pod. The use will mainly be for practice and rehearsing, possibly some gigging if my band does proceed that far.
I do not know what amp I'd be using for gigging as I haven't got one big enough yet, and no I do not need any advice as to which amp to buy, I have a few in mind. So what pedal would you suggest I get? I'm not 100% sure as UG doesn't give the Line 6 a good review but the zoom a good one, but on other sites they both get good reviews.

Note: My band plays indie rock but the main use of it is toying around during practice/in my bedroom.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
I might get one as a traveling amp, but that depends on how much the new valve junior head is.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by edge11
I might get one as a traveling amp, but that depends on how much the new valve junior head is.

What are you on about? I don't want to use the line 6 for a portable amp, I didn't think you could either, but that is beyond the point.....
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
Someone help please?
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
What I believe Edge is referring to is that you can plug headphones into the PocketPod and use it by itself. My guest is that it is used in that fashion more often than as a multi-effects unit in front of an amp. I have no direct experience with it so I cannot comment on it's quality.
I bought a pocket pod recently for head phone practice. I think it is ideal for headphone practice.

It doesn't sound that great when hooked up to an amplifier. I tried it with my tube amp, just to see how it sounded. It took the great sound of my tube amp and made it sound digital and over-processed (that is, terrible). You might not traumatize yourself if you are using a digital or SS amp, but you don't want to do this to a good tube amp.

When hooking the pocket pod up to an amplifier, you can't really use it for effects only: you will also be using one of its amp models, too. This kind of works when you play it through the clean channel of your amp, but it sounds like the evil spawn of your clean channel with your amp model and effect.

You can play direct to PA with the pocket pod. Although this is possible, it isn't really the best use of this technology -- although anecdotally I have been told that some do use the pocket pod for gigs, I would not recommend it for gigs. The quality is fine for home headphone use, but the effects and amp models just don't hold up when you play them at louder volumes through a speaker/PA.

The pocket pod is a great, small, inexpensive device for home headphone practice, but I wouldn't use it for other things.
What I believe Edge is referring to is that you can plug headphones into the PocketPod and use it by itself. My guess is that it is used in that fashion more often than as a multi-effects unit in front of an amp.

Correct!
So the g2 would be better for gigging then?
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
G2 and Pod are completely different types of product. G2 is an effects pedal and the pocket pod is a amp modeller that happens to have a few effects. Its like comparing chalk and cheese. If you want an effects pedal then its the Zoom(although I hate zoom effects and would never ever recommended anyone buy one of their products)
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by |Matt Dolan|
So the g2 would be better for gigging then?

Only since it has footpedals, the POD blows it out of the water in terms of sound.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by halikus
G2 and Pod are completely different types of product. G2 is an effects pedal and the pocket pod is a amp modeller that happens to have a few effects. Its like comparing chalk and cheese.

It's really more like yogurt and cheese...
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I had a pocket pod and it's really neat. There's an option that lets you bypass the amp/cab modeling if you want to hook up to an amp.

It's loaded with FXs (350 of 'em) so there's something for you and all are tweakable.