Is 30W too much for bedroom practice, I have a fender 15 W, and have to usually keep it between 3-5 volume or my parents start complaining. So is a 30W reasonable for me?

edit: I'm looking at a roland cube 30 if it helps...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

well i get no complains from my 65w marshall and i normally have it on 3-5 vol so 30w should be fine
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
I use to have a 100w jcm2000 in my room with a 4x12, you'll be fine
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
The difference won't be much, you need to have 10X the wattage in order to sound twice as loud.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
as long as the amp is solid state(which most of the ones you'll be looking at are) you'll be fine. You can have a 100 watt low enough for bedroom play. However it's highly unnecessary and basically overkill.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
It shouldn't be to incredibly loud. You won't be able to crank it, but with a SS amp, you don't want to crank it anyway. Is your fender a SS amp? There won't be a HUGE volume difference, if so.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I have a 150 watt SS amp (haha, I bet you can all guess which one ) and I never get complaints.

Then again we ALL have different neighbours so what we said don't mean sh!t.
Dont worry about it. thats what volume knobs are for. plus, 30 watts wont be too bad to blow something amazing out the windows when your parents leave.
^^Exactly. Everyone's situation is different, so no one can say he'll be okay based on their experiences if his parents complain about a 15 watt solid state.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
It shouldn't be to incredibly loud. You won't be able to crank it, but with a SS amp, you don't want to crank it anyway. Is your fender a SS amp? There won't be a HUGE volume difference, if so.

ya, its SS, just a basic practice amp from the money left over from the guitar, and now I wanna uprgrade that son of a...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

just wait until your parents arent home and be loud :P thats what i do with my 100W (but im not sure if its 100 or 230W tough) or keep it low like in 2
Depends on ur neighbours...
If they have ... for example ... Neighbours with (little) children complain faster then neighbours without kids...

or if ur neighbours are old deaf/deaf you could put it pretty loud..
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
I wouldn't go from a 15w solid state to a 30w solid state. Try to save for a tube amp like I am.
You'll probably end up using the 30x in Power Squeezer mode (which lowers the effective wattage), like I do with mine. If fact, I *always* use it in Power Squeezer mode, which still gets loud enough for in-house playing alone, and grants full use of all the effects.

Kinda makes the 30w power irrelevant to always play with PS on, but, oh well.
Quote by Andrew128900
I wouldn't go from a 15w solid state to a 30w solid state. Try to save for a tube amp like I am.

That'll be next on the list, I just practice in my room right now, so a tube ap is not what I need, I'm gonna sel my fender, grab the cube, use it for practice, and probably get a tube later on...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

as long as the amp is solid state(which most of the ones you'll be looking at are) you'll be fine. You can have a 100 watt low enough for bedroom play. However it's highly unnecessary and basically overkill.

SS & digital amps are designed to sound good at lower volumes. You should be fine. It's the tube amps that will get you into trouble with volume =^)

That much being said, you could always go for a smaller bedroom amp, since you are just getting a practice amp, anyway. It sounds just as big as a larger SS amp when you have your headphones on. Then you can save your cash for different gear. There's certainly no need to go larger than 30W in your situation.
100w Engl kills my windows, my cats, my dog, my carpet and my bowels - i like!
Quote by VanTheKraut
That'll be next on the list, I just practice in my room right now, so a tube ap is not what I need, I'm gonna sel my fender, grab the cube, use it for practice, and probably get a tube later on...

I plan to use mine for bedroom use. You won't get to crank it, but as long as it has master volume you can still get OD without playing too loud.
Andrew128900, why did you eated my cookie?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

I have a 120W SS. When i use my Zoom G1X with the amp on two it can rattle window panes and it the amp is on three it can rattle drywall. So, I would say that a 30W would give you enough power for a bedroom but not too much.