Hey I want to get a hand held recorder. I would prefer a digital one that I could possible upload to my computer. I would like something that could do a broad range from acoustic to distorted guitar (I am running a Fernandes Monterey through a Mesa Boogie F-30) and vocals. I am not looking for amazing quality, just something decent so I can start recording some song ideas and riffs so I have them for later. If you have any suggestion or advice on what to get or what to stay away from I would greatly appreciate it. Also I saw a that Olympus put out a really nice one but it was like $500. I am looking for something more in the range of $200 and under. Though the cheaper the better. Thanks
Only a real risk tests the reality of a belief.
why dont you just run a mic straight into your computer thru a freeware recording software
I might do that later down the line, but for now I just want a handheld recorder so I can take it to jam sessions and also so everytime I have an idea i don't have to go and start up my computer and make sure everything is set up right and then start all over trying to remember the riff. Here is an idea of what I want but maybe cheaper if there are alternatives.
Hey thanks for the idea Anthony1991 i'll look into it.
Quote by Orange_AGO
Hey thanks for the idea Anthony1991 i'll look into it.

np, i'm buying one of these babies soon, and i love them. Im not joking when i say, its damn close to being a studio. input for guitar, can play guitar you recored, so the bassist can plug in and play in time with, plug mic in so drums can record onto same trakck, add the mic again to add vocals... i love this gadget
Zoom H2. It fits your budget, and even comes with a pretty good microphone. Here's a review.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101