I tried searching, found nothing.
So, i've tuned my acoustic guitar to D Standard, i like the sound of it and the string tension is nice. Thing is, i cant think of any bands or songs that have d standard as the tuning..

Any suggestions? thanks.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
you're not gonna find anything. just play e standard acoustic songs in d standard if you like it so much.
bullet for my valentine does there acoustic songs in d standard or drop c but you can play the drop c ones in d standard my just eliminating the low c and shadows fall has a song in d standard acoustic
D standard? As in down a whole step? If so then Yesterday by The Beatles is a good one.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Yes, as in one step.
and thanks for the suggestions so far.

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
Plush by Stone Temple Pilots (the unplugged version)
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Pure massacre my Silverchair. It's not an acoustic song, but it sound really good on acoustic and is easy and is played in Drop D.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
^--Drop D and D Standard arent the same thing.

The Ataris - The Saddest Song
If its tuned to D standard then everything will just sound a whole step lower, songs will be played the same. If it is dropped D then that is different as the above poster said.
^ Yes. You can play any song that is played in Standard tuning in D Standard. It is the same relative tuning, just lower.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Yes, i realize this, i'm just looking for some songs that are played in D standard originally.

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
Quote by dedsa2002
Sorry for necroposting, but... Death – Voice Of The Soul

This is what I intended to post when I clicked on this. Before realizing the thread is from before Obama got elected.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Later still, but pretty much anything by the Velvet Underground and Lou Reed is in D Standard.  They did alot of songs in the key of F but with G fingerings ( Walk on the Wild Side, Pale Blue Eyes)