So I was driving home today. I pulled up to a red light, and I was going to turn right. In ohio, it is legal to turn right on red where it isn't stated otherwise after you yield to oncoming traffic. I waited for the traffic to pass until the was just one car left, and about forty feet from the intersection he put his turn signal on. Seeing that he had his signal on so far ahead, I assumed he was going to turn at the intersection. I began to make my turn and decided to look over my shoulder one last time just to be safe, and I realized that he was proceding though the intersection. I slammed on my brakes and received some dirty looks from the people in the car. Apparently they were turning into a place past the intersection.

So my question is, legally, who would be at fault if I hadn't seen him and got hit by him? My sister said that it would be my fault because i turned infront of him, but I thought it would be his fault because he A. was the one that hit me and B. put his signal on way too early.
You would. Since you didn't really know where he was turning, you should have waited just to be safe.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Ok. well I would have if he had put his indicator just prior to entering the intersection. I also forgot to mention that he did brake before entering the intersection, which led me to believe what I thought mroe.
Quote by Joe-Fish
You would. Since you didn't really know where he was turning, you should have waited just to be safe.

+1
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
You would be.....I know in Oklahoma you're supposed to signal 100 feet before your actual turn.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
You would probobly lose if you took him to court unless someone else saw his turn signal i think. That would be a good con.
Last edited by IamGod 666 at Jul 14, 2008,
Yeah, it would be you who was responsible. The other driver has the right-of-way. Any argument after that is pointless.
I think you are supposed to wait to turn right no matter what anyone is doing
./|\
(\o )=w==>
./ \

˙ᴥ˘
You would be.....I know in Oklahoma you're supposed to signal 100 feet before your actual turn.

Technically you are here too, yet it's common courtesy to not do it if there are turns before where you're turning.

Quote by Animorphy
I think you are supposed to wait to turn right no matter what anyone is doing

As I said, it's legal to turn right on red if there are no signs prohibiting it and after the intersection is clear.
You would be 100% man. Your entering the roadway, plus the onus is always on the turning vehicle, regardless of whether he had his signal on or not. Its your responsibility to make sure its safe.
Unfortunately, you would be at fault. You're not supposed to assume that a turn signal necessarily means an immediate turn, even though it may seem apparent.

I've made the mistake before, as well. I find it useful to think that the other driver might "change his mind", so it helps me wait.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Last edited by graybass_20x6 at Jul 14, 2008,
The EXACT same thing happend to me. I believe it was done on purpose since the 2 faggot looking guys in the car were laughing at me.

Still, it's your fault and it would have been mine. Since then, I make sure they have started their turn before I go.
if you had to yield itd be your fault, even tho hes a ****in retard and didnt signal properly you go on his actions , not he on yours.
Quote by Scissortooth
The EXACT same thing happend to me. I believe it was done on purpose since the 2 faggot looking guys in the car were laughing at me.

Still, it's your fault and it would have been mine. Since then, I make sure they have started their turn before I go.

Yeah. Well I'm just glad that I looked again. I have to pay for my insurance if I get a ticket, Lol.