maybe it changes the sound....?
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

"GRAMMA yields nearly total acoustic isolation, resulting in a purity of tone..." looks like a very short stand that is meant to isolate the sound from your amp.
Only Great GRAMMA can handle the big rigs!

The GRAMMA (Gig and Recording, Amp and Monitor, Modulation Attenuator) is an incredibly effective patented device that's used to float an amp or loudspeaker.

GRAMMA yields nearly total acoustic isolation, resulting in a purity of tone that has to be heard to be believed!

Built on the success of GRAMMA, the Great GRAMMA is almost 30% bigger to float large speaker cabinets.

Now 4x12s, 15" or 18" speaker cabinets will benefit from the awesome Great GRAMMA.

Comes complete with a carrying handle, road-ready carpet, Studiofoam Wedges (underneath) and PlatFoam (underneath).

Auralex Great GRAMMA Speaker Isolation Riser Features:

* Dimensions: 30" long x 19" wide x 2.75" high
* Weight Limit: 300lbs.

Float this big, effective riser right into the cart!

Despite that useless description, I believe it's used as a stand to talk your cab off the floor.
It keeps the speakers off of the ground so that the sound doesn't reverb through the floor instead of coming out the front. "Float" is used as holding off of a surface, like a floating bridge on a guitar.
so is there any advantage on this then say a plank of wood that's rised up... because that would cost about 5 dollars opposed to 100.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
TheProducer and Dasfishy, i got it. Thanks.

I kinda guessed thats what it was used for, but i didnt think anyone was dumb enough to get that......guess i was wrong.
Quote by dogismycopilot
TheProducer and Dasfishy, i got it. Thanks.

I kinda guessed thats what it was used for, but i didnt think anyone was dumb enough to get that......guess i was wrong.

I'm gonna start making these :P sell the, for 25 bucks... but I doubt neone is stupid enough haha. I can make a good pedal board for like 50 bucks too out of wood, but I bet no one wants that either haha... Damn companies.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by dustyboy316
I'm gonna start making these :P sell the, for 25 bucks... but I doubt neone is stupid enough haha. I can make a good pedal board for like 50 bucks too out of wood, but I bet no one wants that either haha... Damn companies.

Fer sure. Im trying to sell my V3 half-stack for a V3 combo and this dude on craigslist is advertising one for $800 and it comes with one of those "a $100 value" he says.

.......dammit.
I can make a good one of these for about 20 bucks. I would never buy one.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Well, i know that a bass cab MUST be placed on the ground because if elevated it loses close to 30% of its response or punch, which i could believe; although the person that told me that works for guitar center.
You lift a cab, you loose bass. I used to turn my 2x12's up on their shorter sides (so they were vertical) because I thought there was too much bass when they were set on the floor, and not enough when they were put more than 8 or 10 inches above the floor.