Is the sound from a single coil sized humbucker identical to a normal sized humbucker? Also can they be coil tapped? Thanks for the help!
...well i guess you could coil tap a single coil, but then you would have like 0 output. And they are completely different then humbucker's.
They would sound half as powerful ah a humbucker, depending on it's output.

The only reason they don't sound 'Weak' on a strat is because of they're places and that there's 3 of them. and one is angled.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
i think they sound a bit brighter and sharper than full size if memory serves me
anyone have the jb Jr? i know it will sound different from the full sized JB but can it still play some harder rock/metal?
Quote by SG310user

The only reason they don't sound 'Weak' on a strat is because of they're places and that there's 3 of them. and one is angled.

I really have no idea what you mean. They don't sound half as powerful as a humbucker and what does having three pickups have to do with anything? You don't use all three at once...
Quote by SG310user

ive never seen a strat with mini humbuckers, they usually have single coils or maybe one normal humbucker with two single coils on some models dont they?....
Quote by lewis_grey
ive never seen a strat with mini humbuckers, they usually have single coils or maybe one normal humbucker with two single coils on some models dont they?....

They don't come with them stock, no. But you can put them in. That's the point of single-coil sized 'bucker.
Quote by SG310user

This is pure BS.

Quote by lewis_grey

The mini humbuckers are the same size as the single coils.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.