I have been viewing some videos on Youtube of tremolo done fingerpicked (flamenco style and such), but am confused. Is it a rapid, repeated hammer-on after the note is picked once? Or is it picking the note very quickly? I'm just trying to figure out exactly how to do it, like with this for example (from a blues instructional book):

------------------------------------------
---3---------------------------------------
-----2^0----tr---------------------------------
----------2-0^2-------------------------------

What would I do on the 0^2tr ?? TIA
Well, assuming that ^ means hammer-on (although I usually take it to mean bend, but that makes no sense here) that looks like a trill rather than a tremolo to me. Which would just be a rapid succession of hammer-ons, yes. I could be wrong.
That's not "tremolo" that's a trill, a repeated hammer-on/pull-off between two notes.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Ah yes, I'm such a clown, I just rechecked the book and it indeed it's tr which is trill, sorry. However, what would tremolo be on one note? Still confused on that

EDIT: Thanks burnthestars So just really quickly picking one note?
Quote by burn the stars
a trill is rapidly hammering on and pulling off, tremolo is rapidly picking a note.

Tremolo PICKING is rapidly picking one note.

Tremolo is similar to vibrato.
Quote by michaelscofield
Ah yes, I'm such a clown, I just rechecked the book and it indeed it's tr which is trill, sorry. However, what would tremolo be on one note? Still confused on that

EDIT: Thanks burnthestars So just really quickly picking one note?

Yes, in electric guitar terms tremolo picking is just picking one note as fast as you can.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.