Right now i'm trying to self learn the acoustic guitar and does size make much of a difference?
I was wondering because I have a really small guitar in my size, will it effect me in anyway?
well, yes.
the distance between your frets will most likely be smaller then say a dreadnought sized guitar so that might be some help since you'll have an easier time reaching what you need to reach.
performance wise, your tone might be boxier and less resonant than larger guitars but i don't think that'll matter since you've just begun playing.
but remember, it's never the guitar that holds musicians back it is always us...in other words don't blame the guitar, not that you did or would (:
Quote by Dumb91
well, yes.
the distance between your frets will most likely be smaller then say a dreadnought sized guitar so that might be some help since you'll have an easier time reaching what you need to reach.
performance wise, your tone might be boxier and less resonant than larger guitars but i don't think that'll matter since you've just begun playing.
but remember, it's never the guitar that holds musicians back it is always us...in other words don't blame the guitar, not that you did or would (:

I'd never blame the guitar. :]
The distance between frets does not necessarily get smaller on a smaller guitar.

The length of the fretboard is called the scale. Most guitars, of various sizes, will be very similar in scale. Some common scale lengths are 25.5, and 24.5 inches. Some very small parlor guitars have 24 inch scales.

Other than that, the tone of different size guitars will also be different. Dreadnaughts will be louder and have more bass, while smaller bodied guitars will be more balanced overall, generally.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It