hey guys, iv recently bought a peavey 6505+ head and am playing it through a cheap marshall 4x12 which sounds okay for now, but i know it would sound better with a good cab.
so i am looking for a new cab and was seeing if anyone had any advice on what cabs sound best with this amp?
on my shortlist so far is a Marshall 1960A, Marshall 1960AV or the matching peavey 6505/5150 cab...
Anything with Celestion Vintage 30s will make you happy. My Marshall 1922 2x12 sounds great. Consider if you need 4x12, 2x12 is a LOT more portable.

Oh and everyone here seem to love Vader cabs. Check them out, I haven't had the chance to.
I've heard a lot about Avatar cabs. They're on my list at least.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
thx iv heard that before dude but iv never seen vadar cabs in the uk.
yea the 1960AV has got V30s in. Is the 2x12 still gonna cut through as good? the whole reason i got the amp wuz my spider 212 150w combo wasnt cutting through the mix at all
Quote by munky_2002
thx iv heard that before dude but iv never seen vadar cabs in the uk.
yea the 1960AV has got V30s in. Is the 2x12 still gonna cut through as good? the whole reason i got the amp wuz my spider 212 150w combo wasnt cutting through the mix at all

What are your amp settings? Cut through is usually due to settings not how many speakers you have.. Although some amps do have cut through issues and spiders are one of them...

So as long as your settings are good that 6505 will cut through like a knife and the mids from the vintage 30's will help that as well..
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 14, 2008,