Page 1 of 10
Like for me I gotta choose Wilson Empire and Love and Theft

don't say your own band cause that probably wouldnt be a good idea
April Wine.

They are a Canadian band, quite successful back in the 70's & 80's. As far as I know, not a lot of people know them, which is a shame for they make awesome music.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

There's a shocking lack of Devin Townsend around me, and in the people I talk to. Although saying that I've been so obsessed with him recently I've probably missed out on fifty new and great bands.

But it's a fair trade.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Black Stone Cherry

Nice hard-rock band from southern Kentucky.

You should see their live shows. One hell of a great blues jam towards the end.
Down with webster
Originally posted by germ
all of you shut up, or i swear ill turn this car RIGHT AROUND!!!!!

*closed*

damn. i was never good at magic tricks.
Quote by Royal Celebi
Nightwish
Framing Hanley
Evans Blue
In Flames

Pretty much anything on my ipod =/

i saw them live they were AMAZING

i would say
norther
kalmah 2 really good death melodic band
the honorary title. theyre growing though, ever since they played on that damned tv show, forget which one. some stupid reality show.
Denali
Idlewild
Modest Mouse
Random Hand
Nada Surf
Lazlo Bane
Thought Riot
Mew
The Matches
Useless ID
Mad Caddies
You Say Party! We Say Die!
Tsunami Bomb
Colours Run
Robots in Disguise

(This list changes all the time)
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Jul 14, 2008,
Quote by Royal Celebi
Nightwish
Framing Hanley
Evans Blue
In Flames

Well those two aren't exactly small, so I'm guessing your iPod isn't SO impressive...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Arsis, without a doubt. And In Flames are one of the best known death metal bands of all time. Maybe the people around you suck at live. My condolences.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Ya, Black Stone Cherry rocks!
I gotta go with Protest The Hero, a lot of people bitch about the vocals but I like them.
Project 86, an amazing band.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by assparade69
the honorary title. theyre growing though, ever since they played on that damned tv show, forget which one. some stupid reality show.

The Honorary Title are freaking incredible. I've loved them for like 2 years, and almost nobody knows them. They've definitely grown in the last little while though.
I'm gonna have to say Say Anything. They're an incredible band with great lyrics, and a great range of musical styles. Good live show too.
Quote by Royal Celebi
Nightwish
Framing Hanley
Evans Blue
In Flames

Please tell me you're joking.

And TS, No such thing as a best band, you mean favourite bad as preference is subjective.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
goddamit, The Faceless..... that's the band i forgot to get, they used to be on my old zune before it broke and i forgot their name.

oO i used to be able to say Alesana when their EP came out, but now..... i'll go with Lovehatehero.
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Your crying like a baby to the pit....You have pretty much ruined it for yourself.
Quote by Eruption1991
April Wine.

They are a Canadian band, quite successful back in the 70's & 80's. As far as I know, not a lot of people know them, which is a shame for they make awesome music.

I love them!
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
Quote by Royal Celebi
Nightwish
Framing Hanley
Evans Blue
In Flames

In Flames are pretty popular around here.
Agalloch, Wintersun, Candlemass, Saint Vitus, Reverend Bizarre, Electric Wizard, Sleep, Pentagram.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by break-me-in
Denali
Idlewild
Modest Mouse
Random Hand
Nada Surf
Lazlo Bane
Thought Riot
Mew
The Matches
Useless ID
Mad Caddies
You Say Party! We Say Die!
Tsunami Bomb

+1
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Quote by Royal Celebi
Nightwish
Framing Hanley
Evans Blue
In Flames

In Flames, not known? In Sweden they are pretty much the most famous band in the country... Or one of them.

Hardcore Superstar, I can mention. Known in Sweden but totally unknown in the rest of the world. A bit weird to me as I find them very good. Hardrock; a mix of maybe Guns N' Roses and some speedy punk. Not as good musically as GN'R but nice melodies and an amazing singer.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by break-me-in

Lazlo Bane

I thought I was the only one that even knew their name. Most people know them as "the band that did the Scrubs theme."

As for my addition to the thread, Dispatch.
Four Year Strong.

Paladen.

Midtown.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
In Flames owns

A thousand times repent is pretty good for a christian band.
3 Inches of Blood awesome....
As Blood Runs black is cool
Quote by DaliLama
Go to a friend and say "what the difference between soda and your soda?............(pause).............sperm!" Then you start masturbating furiously into their can

My gear
ESP EC1000fr
Marshall 1960a
Peavy 6505
theres this one band......think its led zeppelin or something like that, anyway i hear theyre good
Widescreen Mode from Finland is good. They tear up the charts over there, but noone knows them in the States.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Quote by lewis_grey
theres this one band......think its led zeppelin or something like that, anyway i hear theyre good

Not even a lame attempt at being funny. I just feel sad for your sake...

Quote by lewis_grey

fail.
Dog Fashion Disco. I don't care what people say, they are amazing. One of the few bands that can transition genres smoothly multiple times in the same song. Metal, Jazz, Funk, Circus Metal, Piano Recital, Billy Idol style music, the list goes on. The only other bands I've ever seen do this are Polkadot Cadaver (Same singer, guitarist/keyboardist, and drummer) The Alter Boys (a fusion of Mushroomhead and DFD) and Mr. Bungle.

If you wanna check them out some good songs are:

Sweet Insanity
Fetus On The Beat (from Committed to a Bright Future)
Castaway
Leper Friend
God Crisis
Siddhis
Rapist Eyes

That should get you started.
Signature temporarily empty
Kyuss. One of the greatest bands of the 90's, and next to no one knows about them.

Quote by Alexander_BR
The Faceless is a great DM band.

Agalloch should be more well known.

I never have really listened to death metal, but a couple of my friends introduce me to it last year, and The Faceless are up there with my favorites of what I have heard so far. My first death metal show was them opening for Nile, and I was very impressed.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Quote by break-me-in
Well those two aren't exactly small, so I'm guessing your iPod isn't SO impressive...

My point is that no one I know (besides 4 people including myself) knows of them
Magrudergrind, Bloodbath is (fairly) unknown, like most of the peopl I know (Including all my metalhead friends) don't know them, The Faceless, wecamewithbrokenteeth, Amputated, etc.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Cynic
Gordian Knot
Planet X
Chick Corea Elektric Band

lots and lots of jazz fusion
" Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue-to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak. "
- Socrates

Winner of the John Lewis and Cambridgeshire Music young musician Award 2008
Dispatch has to be my all time favorite band, I wish they were still together. State Radio is just alright.

Perpetual Groove and Umphrey's McGee too but they are both starting to get a little recognition.
Well, life is too short, so love the one you got
'Cause you might get runover or you might get shot
Hardcore Superstar
Hanoi Rocks
Cheap And Nasty
Cherry Bombz
Shooting Gallery
Demolition 23
Suicide Twins
Jan Stenfors
Quote by Royal Celebi
My point is that no one I know (besides 4 people including myself) knows of them

Yeah but this is about bands which aren't well-known by many people anywhere. Your circle of friends may not know of Nightwish, but they're pretty damn big in the rest of the world.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT