Page 2 of 10
Emarosa. Amazing band. Dance Gavin Dance as well, altho they seem to be having alot of line-up changes. High on Fire is a good old-skoolish Thrash band, and for their skill and coolness, im surprised their not more popular.
Quote by break-me-in
Yeah but this is about bands which aren't well-known by many people anywhere. Your circle of friends may not know of Nightwish, but they're pretty damn big in the rest of the world.

OH! Then I got a few:

Fair to Midland
Sky Eats Airplane
Valencia
The Agonist
Gallhammer
Alesana
The Wedding
(: Happily E-Married to Nizzi <3 (:
Quote by Myfirstpubes
Then you get your bathroom door kicked in by some dude in a leather thong and a cape saying, "THIS IS SPARTA!"

Quote by shanethestoner
hard work. and inspiration... or marijuana

My MySpace
Quote by stjoe55
State Radio is just alright.

I finally got around to listening to them, and I agree. They're alright, but not nearly as good as Dispatch. I think Year of the Crow is an awesome album though.
Disco Ensemble
Khoma
Amusement Parks On Fire
Truckfighters
Nightmares On Wax
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by GuitarMan1977
ok question anyone heard of Love and Theft?

The Dylan album?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Psychostick. Heavy metal and humor, and both are solid.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Morgart, they play awesome Symphonic Black Metal. Well worth a listen. (Pulverturm is a very good one to listen to.)
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
The Dylan album?

no its a band

they're on tour with taylor swift but no one's heard of them
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
In Flames, not known? In Sweden they are pretty much the most famous band in the country... Or one of them.

Hardcore Superstar, I can mention. Known in Sweden but totally unknown in the rest of the world. A bit weird to me as I find them very good.

Not true!! I live in Australia, and i LOVE Hardcore!! they came and toured here, and i saw them, it's was AWESOME!!!
Plus i spread the word amongst my friends of such bands. Crazy Lixx is another good swedish band (also where Hardcore got their guitarist )

A good, unsigned British band that i love is Kid Ego, seriously, check out their myspace page, they're phenomenal for an unsigned band!!!
Quote by GuitarMan1977
no its a band

they're on tour with taylor swift but no one's heard of them

It's a Dylan album aswell and I wouldn't be surprised if they borrowed/stole the name from that album.
Quote by Mangler_666
Not true!! I live in Australia, and i LOVE Hardcore!! they came and toured here, and i saw them, it's was AWESOME!!!
Plus i spread the word amongst my friends of such bands. Crazy Lixx is another good swedish band (also where Hardcore got their guitarist )

A good, unsigned British band that i love is Kid Ego, seriously, check out their myspace page, they're phenomenal for an unsigned band!!!

Cool, didn't know they had been in Australia. The new guitarist is pretty much crap though. His solos have no touch of the songs at all:/ I miss Silver, the old guitarist.
Polkadot Cadaver
Infected Mushroom
Old Blind Dogs
TV on the Radio
Mastodon (although they're kind of popular)
Operation Ivy
The Decemberists
The Descendents
Nickel Creek
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
It's a Dylan album aswell and I wouldn't be surprised if they borrowed/stole the name from that album.

they actually i believe are dylan fans and did it in dedication

they are awesome though
Quote by happytimeharry
I finally got around to listening to them, and I agree. They're alright, but not nearly as good as Dispatch. I think Year of the Crow is an awesome album though.

You are right. "Camilo" and "Right Me Up" are my favorite two State Radio songs, but besides Year of the Crow I can't really listen to one of their albums all the way through. It just seems like they only have a few good songs here or there. I miss Dispatch
Well, life is too short, so love the one you got
'Cause you might get runover or you might get shot
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Cool, didn't know they had been in Australia. The new guitarist is pretty much crap though. His solos have no touch of the songs at all:/ I miss Silver, the old guitarist.

Agreed!! I didn't mind the stuff Vic did with Crazy, but yeah, you can't replace someone like Silver!!
I have their DVD from SwedenRock 2007, it's a great show!! altho Silver looks like he's strung out lol
Quote by Mangler_666
Agreed!! I didn't mind the stuff Vic did with Crazy, but yeah, you can't replace someone like Silver!!
I have their DVD from SwedenRock 2007, it's a great show!! altho Silver looks like he's strung out lol

Yeah he had some major problems with drugs and alcohol and I do believe that is part of the reason why he quit.

Sensitive To The Light is a kickass song btw.
Quote by fretbuzzy
X Japan !!!!!

If we're talking Japanese metal - Anthem!! they're freaken sweet too!! and extremely hard to come by!! it's taken me ages to get hold of their stuff!! numerous imports later!! hahaha, but well worth it!!
This Will Destroy You.

Haven't anyone ever talk about them, but they're an amazing band. Got their self-titled album, and it is so beautiful. Highly recommend them to anyone.

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Yeah he had some major problems with drugs and alcohol and I do believe that is part of the reason why he quit.

Yeah, after seeing that DVD i figured that was why he left, either that or he got kicked out of the band for it, shame really, I hope he cleans up and goes back better than ever!!

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Sensitive To The Light is a kickass song btw.

The entirety of Dreamin' In A Casket is kickass!! one of the best albums i've heard in a long time!! Plus i love the drum production on it!! Adde does a kickass job!!
Quote by Mangler_666
If we're talking Japanese metal - Anthem!! they're freaken sweet too!! and extremely hard to come by!! it's taken me ages to get hold of their stuff!! numerous imports later!! hahaha, but well worth it!!

Ahh yes but well worth it !!
Quote by fretbuzzy
Ahh yes but well worth it !!

Hell yeah!! I just purchased their 20th Anniversary DVD online, i'm excited!! i've seen some vids from it on youtube, it looks awesome!!
Quote by Mangler_666
Yeah, after seeing that DVD i figured that was why he left, either that or he got kicked out of the band for it, shame really, I hope he cleans up and goes back better than ever!!

The entirety of Dreamin' In A Casket is kickass!! one of the best albums i've heard in a long time!! Plus i love the drum production on it!! Adde does a kickass job!!

it has it's tops and lows. Dreamin' In A Casket, the song, is pretty weak to be the title track imo. One of the weaker ones on the album. Sensitive, Need No Company, Wake Up Dead and Lession In Violence are the tops for me.
Grace Potter and the Nocturnals... and G Love and the Special Sauce
Kyuss, best stoner rock band of all time! Beats the living **** out of mainstream QOTSA!
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
it has it's tops and lows. Dreamin' In A Casket, the song, is pretty weak to be the title track imo. One of the weaker ones on the album. Sensitive, Need No Company, Wake Up Dead and Lession In Violence are the tops for me.

Yeah, i think Dreamin' has an addictive riff in it, but thats about it. Need no Company is an awesome way to start the album, Medicate Me is awesome, This is for the mentally damaged, sensitive and sophisticated ladies. IMO that is.
The Pirates and Mick Green, under-rated band and Guitarist.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Morgart, they play awesome Symphonic Black Metal. Well worth a listen. (Pulverturm is a very good one to listen to.)

*runs to internet*

I've recently discovered Adagio (french symphonic power metal), and they are brilliant.

EDIT: Oh, and a really awesome local band to my area is Morgirion. Really good blackened death.
Last edited by synpet713192 at Jul 14, 2008,
tech n9ne...its some really good rap.
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
KID EGO!!!
check out their myspace!! you'll be glad you did!!
http://www.myspace.com/kidego
UK Rock at it's best!!

Also, Gemini Five are pretty sweet too!!
The new Blaze Bayley album is OUTSTANDING!!!
for fans of Persuader and Savage Circus - Dark Empire is awesome!!
Hibria - Brazillian Heavy Metal, high quality!
Blackrain - French (:-S) but good none the less
Dirty Penny - US, early Motley Crue inspired rock n roll
Ebony Ark - Nightwish-esque metal, female vox
Armageddon - Created by ex-members of Arch Enemy (album "Three" is a great listen)

Theres probably plenty more i could rattle off hahaha, but thats a nice list, and varied too, different rock and metal styles.
Last edited by Mangler_666 at Jul 14, 2008,