as is stated in the title, i'm looking for a 2x12. i really dont wanna be spending a motherload as further down the line i'll be getting a stack but i just need something for now. i play pretty heavy stuff, tool/deftones kinda feel but also jeff buckley-esque clean ****. any ideas?
Word to the wise: If you get a decent combo you won't need a stack.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
also, you can get a 2x12 that will just STOMP a 4x12 into the ground if you make the right choice.
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
B-52 AT212....

Balls... and beautiful cleans...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by ikarian-pride
thats the one

That's garbage unless he's on a strict budget.

How much can you spend?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
That's garbage unless he's on a strict budget.

How much can you spend?

somewhere btwn $800-$1000 AUS. keeping in mind music equipment is very expensive over here...
Mesa f-100s as mentioned before are pretty awesome. Also good are the Marshall TSL122 series and additionally, my personal favourite, the Orange Rockerverb 50
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Mesas are overpriced for what they are, but I got my Orange for $2500 AUS
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by sideshowlinc
somewhere btwn $800-$1000 AUS. keeping in mind music equipment is very expensive over here...

In that case... you might not be able to get much more than a VK. How much do they normally go for used?
Australia's tough. Can you stretch to $1200 or so for something like the Crate V50?

If you can get by without the second speaker, this Hayden looks pretty interesting.

Or maybe a Legacy Blues Twin?

Don't know what else to tell you. Look around for used gear, I guess.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Vader
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by Vanquish
Vader

You're the second person who's said that and unless I'm mistaken Vader only do cabs so that's not really relevant to the thread...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.